• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.6 for Windows must be a joke

N

nethosts

Plesk 7.6 for Windows must be an early April fool as it is a joke.

Did an upgrade from 7.5.6 to 7.6 and it "upgraded" mysql 5 back to 4 - php 4 back to 4.4.2.

Tried a clean install on a clean server and it just gets ridiculous.

If your looking at 7.6 for Windows, make sure you have a good sense of humour and a lot of patience.

Originally posted by nethosts
Plesk 7.6 for Windows must be an early April fool as it is a joke.

Did an upgrade from 7.5.6 to 7.6 and it "upgraded" mysql 5 back to 4 - php 4 back to 4.4.2.

Tried a clean install on a clean server and it just gets ridiculous.

If your looking at 7.6 for Windows, make sure you have a good sense of humour and a lot of patience.

Noone says you can't update these applications manually... These versions are probably tested to work most stable and without any problem on 7.6.0, but as I said, you can upgrade them manually (as we did - php, mysql, phpmyadmin, smartertools, etc...)

What most Plesk customers don't realize is that Plesk is interface which synchronizes and soothens work with all 3rd party applications you install manually on your server.

I'm not one to write posts like this one on most orums but I have to disagree with you here.

The upgrade failed - fair enough - so we installed it on a brand new clean server and even then it was a nightmare.

php wouldn't worl properly and a lot of the permissions were not correct. We tried it on three servers and got varying errors from.

1. php saying it ran out of disk space in the directory admin/sessions. Obviously a permissions problem as disk space wasn't the issue.

2. the index.php file can't be run outside of plesk.

We went back to plesk 7.5.6 with no problems - upgraded php and mysql again and it works ike a dream.

What most Plesk customers don't realize is that Plesk is interface which synchronizes and soothens work with all 3rd party applications you install manually on your server

I can't agree with that at all. From our experience with it, I would say that plesk wants to control everything and not synchronize with them. Why else would it state that it needs a clean server?

For instance why not detect what is installed and leave it alone. That would be synchronisation.

Plesk seems designed for those who are not familiar at setting up servers manually and therefore does most of it for you.

Agreed, DON'T Install Plesk 7.6

Hey guys,

Don't even try to install Plesk 7.6 on your server, it will screw up all your permissions. I don't know what Plesk guys were thinking when releasing the new version of plesk but this is the biggest JOKE that SWSOFT could release.

Henry

Unfortunately, a lot of people are realising this far too late.

What the "upgrade" does with the IIS permissions is a farce.

My guess is the idea was to make it more secure but they should be warning people about what changes will be made if they upgrade.

What most Plesk customers don't realize is that Plesk is interface which synchronizes and soothens work with all 3rd party applications you install manually on your server.

Comments like this are insulting. If it's an interface then upgrade the interface and leave everything else alone.

If it's an interface then upgrade the interface and leave everything else alone.
I agree with that. If only things would be so simple. It seems Plesk works best with certain versions of 3rd party applications, and if thats what it's neccessary for flawless work, then go with that or install another CP.
I don't defend SWsoft, nor do I say there aren't damn bugs in every single version they release, but if you look at a robust and complete control panel for Windows, application like Plesk, you can't say it's a joke.

Works fine without CF

Hello guys,

I am taking back the JOKE thing. The problem is solved at least for me. Don't install Coldfusion on your server and Plesk 7.6 will work like a charm without any issues.

Thanks SWSOFT for another great product realease.

Henry

Don't even try to install Plesk 7.6 on your server, it will screw up all your permissions. I don't know what Plesk guys were thinking when releasing the new version of plesk but this is the biggest JOKE that SWSOFT could release.

You obviously haven't tried using sitebuilder 3.1 yet...

Back