• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.0 to 8.2 Upgrade Failure - cannot connect to MySQL

D

DanielKeith

I have Plesk running on FC2. I went to Updater and click "install" for the default-checked items to upgrade from 8.0 or 8.1 (not sure). I received the log of the upgrade via email. Subject line: "Plesk autoupdate success report." However, now when I go to any of the websites on that server, I get a SiteBuilder dialog instead of the actual website. When I attempt to access Plesk (via browser), I get the following message:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Components::componentUpdate() failed: Unable to exec utility packagemng: packagemng: Unable to connect to Plesk Database: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
packagemng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:508

I went back and looked at the log that was emailed to me. I noticed the following: Trying to stop BIND server... done
dnsmng: Unable to connect to Plesk Database: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

After that point in the log, the "Client does not support authentication protocol..." message appears over and over and over again.

I desperately need to get these sites back up and running. Is there a way to fix this quickly? Or, is there a way to roll back the installation so that everything will work properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

-Daniel Keith

Back