• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.01 upgrade

PSi_101

Regular Pleskian
8.0.1 upgrade

I was hoping that those who have upgraded to 8.01 could share their experience with the upgrade to serve as either a warning or encouragement of the upgrade.
So here's a poll.

My spamassasin has not worked since the update. I submitted a trouble ticket with swsoft, and all they did was make u excuses as to why psa-spamassassin kept dying.
"You're processing too many rules". Same as I was with 7.5.4, and 8.0.0
"You shut it down yourself". Umm... no, that's why SSH is saying it shut down incorrectly, and why it won't start again without manually removing /tmp/spamd_light.sock and /tmp/spamd_full.sock
"Your server doesn't have enough Memory". Funny... it had plenty before the update... 1536mb should be more than enough to handle spamassassin, I thought.
Essentially, swsoft support sucks. They released ANOTHER unstable product, and refuse to fix it, but instead blame everything else other than Plesk.

Did my upgrade go well? Judge for yourself.

We have 5 servers without tomcvat, and 1 server with tomcat. On the 5 PLESK-servers the upgrade went fine, except that webalizer isn't working on two of them after the upgrade.

However, on the server with tomcat, tomcat was completely wrecked with the upgrade. It took PLESK-technicians nearly 50 hours from I reported it until they managed to fix it. They worked for hours on it, and even now I get an error everytime I deply a new webapp:

Error: Unable to start up Java application: Possible reason - Tomcat service
is not currently running on the server.

This error is wrong, because tomcat IS running, and the webapp shows up with a green "light" and works fine. PLESK says that this is a bug in PLESK, so I guess they'll fix it in the next release...

I also see the following error in /var/log/messages on all servers except the one with tomcat installed:

Jun 26 04:15:29 web2 statistics: Unable to get dir size of
/var/tomcat4/psa-wars/laperla.no
Jun 26 04:15:29 web2 statistics: Unable to get dir size of
/var/tomcat4/psa-wars/lars-tore.com
Jun 26 04:15:31 web2 statistics: Unable to get dir size of
/var/tomcat4/psa-wars/lielarsen.com
Jun 26 04:15:33 web2 statistics: Unable to get dir size of
/var/tomcat4/psa-wars/looney-tuning.no
Jun 26 04:15:51 web2 statistics: Unable to get dir size of
/var/tomcat4/psa-wars/lynradar.no
Jun 26 04:15:54 web2 statistics: Unable to get dir size of
/var/tomcat4/psa-wars/maestromedia.no

This is wrong as there is no tomcat installed on the actual servers... And even if the error does not show up on the tomcat-server, it seems to be calculating the dir-size of the wrong dir as the webapps are now in /var/tomcat5 not /var/tomcat4... Any idea how to fix this?

Mine upgraded fine but spam assassin broke so working on that now 8-/

Everything else is working

Bill

My experience is a nightmare.

My PHP is broken.
All my sites using php have permission problems and erro messages.
Horde is not working
And the emails are not being sent or received.

If someone has any idea please help.

Back