• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.2 Forum

M

Mantis

Trying to install 8.2 and getting errors. So come on SWSoft setup a 8.2 Forum!

I am trying to upgrade 8.1.1 to 8.2 and it fails with a HUGE error during the initial installation stage.

What error are you receiving?

I'm going to try to upgrade tonight, I downloaded the new version last night and felt sleep wating!

Please post any errors with details

The error i get,

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

It's looking for "plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.msi" in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Install\070326.13\, This was the Plesk 8.1.1 upgrade install folder. The file in there is called "plesk_8.1.1_build070326.13.msi"

The file it's looking for is located in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Install\070705.17\. When i tell the installer to look in this folder for the file it prompts the following error...

The file 'C:\Program files\SWoft\install\070705.17\plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.msi is not a valid installation package for the product Plesk 8.1 for Microsoft Windows. Try to find the installation package 'plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.msi' in a folder from which you can install Plesk 8.1 for Microsoft Windows.

The server is currently running Plesk Win 8.1.1 fully patched. :(

Hi.
It says it cannot find the MSI file and when I manually point it to the correct I get this:

plesk82error.gif

I smell a bug.... :( and i was so hoping to test the latest version.... :(

We will probably have to wait for another build... :(

Anybody from SWsoft trolling.... anybody....

Same error here. Installation file not found (it is there)

Installation went on. Now i have the following error getting in Plesk:
(domain:8443)

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to create Session object: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined.

0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:152
psaerror(string 'Unable to create Session object: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined.')
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:141

So plesk cannot be started !

URGENT HELP REQUIRED !

I'm getting the exact same error. I'm submitting a support ticket and pointing SW-Soft to this thread.

I started the download, it finished. Next I started the install. Soon after I realized "Wait, what on earth am I doing?". Immediately cancelled the install (didn't get past extracting).

*hugs his 8.1.2 install*

Same problem here

Hi

I get the same error as Wimpie. so somthing is wrong that is for sure. have tryed both installers (web and normal) but without luck..

Regards John

Originally posted by Toepes
Same error here. Installation file not found (it is there)

Installation went on. Now i have the following error getting in Plesk:
(domain:8443)

Unable to create Session object: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined.

0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:152
psaerror(string 'Unable to create Session object: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined.')
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:141

So plesk cannot be started !

URGENT HELP REQUIRED !

I get the same thing. (http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45709)

I got the same error message, but everything installed correctly

I also got the same error message. But when I click cancel on that step of the installation process, it complained about finding an Apache installation. Then it continued to install without any problems.

Could the problem be that it expected apache?

I'm happily running Plesk 8.2 now.

Brandon Petersen

well this doesnt look promising, i was going to test a upgrade tonight, but with so many folks receiving the same error, it looks like i will wait until this gets fixed.

SOLUTION

Copy common_func.php3 from C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Install\070705.17\Plesk831.cab
to C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib

Greetings,

Nick
Prioserve.net

Mmm thanks for the possible fix, but it did not work for me :(, same error..

It does not fix the error during installation, but it should fix the internal server error when accessing Plesk after the upgrade.

Nick
Prioserve.net

Here is the Solution.

=========================================================================================

0: common_func.php3:95
1: auth.php3:198

=========================================================================================

# /usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf -p -passwd newpasswd

# mysql -u -admin -p
mysql> use psa

mysql> select * from locales;
+-------+--------+
| id | active |
+-------+--------+
| en-US | true |
+-------+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from misc where param like "%locale%";
+--------------+-------+