• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.4 Update and Webmail Issues (MailEnable)

J

jgrant07

After updating from 8.2 to 8.4 there seems to be an issue when creating a new domain with the webmail not working on DNS.

I have narrowed it down and found that when creating a new domain, Plesk does not add the webmail.domain.com host header to the webmail web site in IIS 6.0.

To remidy this issue, you can open IIS, right click on the "webmail(mewebmail)" web site and click Properties. Then click Advanced under IP Address and add a host header of webmail.domain.com and the appropriate IP address.

Just thought we should pass this along in hopes of having a patch soon.

Also when we performed our upgrade, about 5% of our domains had the host header IP address changed to the public instead of private IP address in IIS webmail website listed above.

We are running Mailenable Enterprise version 3.14 and using mailenable webmail

Hope this helps anyone else having these issues.

Thanks
Jared

Hi,

Reconfigure Webmail link for all domains in the folowing way:
> cd %plesk_bin%
> websrvmng --reconfigure-webmail
> defpackagemng --fix --type=webmail

Thanks for the reply.

Will I have to do this each time we add a new domain within plesk, or will this permanently fix the issue?

Thanks!
Jared

no i don't think this will work
i'd rather suggest to disable and then enable webmail support for all domains via Plesk group operations
this should configure host headers properly

I seem to be having the same issue... any one resolve this yet?

Reconfigure Webmail link for all domains in the folowing way:
> cd %plesk_bin%
%plesk_bin%
is
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin

?

after this command
> websrvmng --reconfigure-webmail

./websrvmng: unrecognized option `--reconfigure-webmail'
websrvmng: Unknown option in command string, see log for details
websrvmng: Unknown option in command string, see log for details

How update?