• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.6 backup question

S

Stefania Avram

Hello,
I would like to confirm that the backup for an individual domain has files, mail and databases..
One of the clients does his backups on an FTP, and the backup size for the domain is 4.5 Mb
httpdocs folder on Reports section has 19 Mb, I know it compresses the backup file, but by that much?
Database is 1.5 Mb, no mail..

Thank you

Hi Stefania,

Plesk creates backup file in .PSA format which is a compressed file.
While creating backup file it prompts for several options like :

Backup Domain Content,
Backup Mail Box Content,
Backup Databases,
Backup Control Panel Configuration and Server Settings,
etc.

if you select these options then the backup will include it in backup file.

Regards,
sysadmin

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it does not ask for anything..
I go to Backup section, I have Backup now, Scheduler, Upload Files, Refresh
If I go to Backup now, there are only some settings related with the name / comments / FTP or local, Multivolume or not..
I go Backup now and it just backs it up, without asking anything..

The same thing happens with the scheduler, difference is that I schedule it and I rotate it..
I am asking this because one domain has been restored from the nightly backup but client saw after restore, some files on httpdocs which have been uploaded after the backup..

So maybe I should reformulate:

1) how do I know that it backs up everything (without playing backup /restore game) ?
2) files uploaded on the webspace after the backup process will be left alone (file names being different from the ones in backup) ?

Thanks very much.

Which version of Plesk you are using and are you trying to backup from Plesk or Backup Utility ?
Backup process in Plesk 9 is different than that in 8.6

Regards,
sysadmin

Last edited by a moderator:
Back