• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

A little help. Plesk, Firewall, Ports

A

askthefool

Hey guys,

I'm real new to Linux so bear with me.

My host (MediaTemple) is using Plesk 7.5.4 and Virtuozzo. I wanted to run some custom applications that require their own ports and after hours of screwing with it I realized that they were closed by Plesk’s Firewall Module. I did an nmap and all the ports that I needed were all closed.

When I tried to add those ports to the firewall custom rules it gave me an error saying

Migration_Storage_D not defined

So then I figured I'd delete the Firewall Module because surely it's easily accessible on Plesk's site. Well turns out I was wrong and can't find it anywhere. Right now I'm back to square one. I can't run my applications because the ports are still blocked even though I deleted the Firewall Module, and I can't seem to find the Firewall Module anywhere to replace what I deleted.

Not sure, sorry if this is an idiotic question. As I said, I'm new to both Plesk and Linux.

Oh, btw I have root access so I’m sure I can do anything you guys suggest. Thanks in advance.

Just go into your control panel, Server then Updater. You can reinstall the module from there.

However, you may wish to checkout a better firewall such as APF. It's a bit more robust and is easier to configure.

Back