• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

A newer version of this product is already installed

T

tomoiaga

I've had issues with Plesk since I first installed it, everytime I try to update or modify it something goes wrong. I may be an idiot, but this is too much.

The error I got this time with 8.3 was "A newer version of this product is already installed"

Looking at Event Viewer I found this:

Product: MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51 -- A newer version of this product is already installed.

I mean C'MON!! I installed that connector manually some time ago, why the update breaks because of that ? I'm sorry guys, I don't expect any help, I'm just very dissapointed.

Oh well, removed the ODBC connector and tryed again. Guess what ?
Plesk is down, webmail was down also, I had to fix it manually.
The 8.3 update did not finished correctly and it tryed to do a rollback. Of course a lot of modifications it did were not rolled back so now I have a nonfunctional Plesk.

Thank you SWSoft!!

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\Plesk\admin\modules\php_curl.dll' - Access is denied.

What user should have access to load this dll ?
psaadm already has access.
I gived IIS_WPG access also.
Please advise

Hello tomoiaga,

unfortunately we cannot reproduce these issues in our lab.

Regarding php_curl.dll - please comment it in %plesk_dir\admin\php.ini%

Try to check permissions for %systemroot%\system32\libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll (must be for psaadm and psacln at least rea, read and exacute)

john S.G.

Hi:

Same problem, "A newer version of this product is already installed", but that's not true because my current Plesk version is v8.2.0_build20070705.17

Here's also what the log file shows:

MSI (c) (84:8C) [10:50:37:093]: Final Patch Application Order:
MSI (c) (84:8C) [10:50:37:093]: Other Patches:
MSI (c) (84:8C) [10:50:37:093]: Unknown\Absent: {E519C933-1DC6-4B48-BE09-B13F02A41A9F} -
Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.
{E195DC26-A6B4-4E13-B8E9-D61B43997DDD}
MSI (c) (84:8C) [10:50:37:125]: Product: Plesk 8.3 for Microsoft Windows -- Configuration failed.

May be that {E519C933-1DC6-4B48-BE09-B13F02A41A9F} is missing, but have no idea of what it might be.

More info, Event Viewer also reports the MySQL ODBC thing:

Product: MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51 -- A newer version of this product is already installed.

In my opinion, this kind of scenarios should be foreseen to prevent such crashes.

Back