• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

a strange time issue with qmail

M

mdrdlp

sorry for posting this here... its actually on a 7.1 reloaded server (but posting it there means it will never be seen). however, i dont think the issue is plesk specific.

the problem: the system time, and time zone are set correctly on the server. it checks out correctly via ssh, and plesk shows the same. everything appears to be working fine.

however, qmail is off. i can send a test email to myself, from anywhere in the world (gmail, another account on that server, etc) and when its received (again, on any computer) the time is off by 30 minutes. simply put: if i send an email to myself, it will show up immediately, but have a time stamp of 30 minutes in the future. (i should play the lottery)
outgoing mail however, is not affected at all. if i send through my server, it always shows up off server correctly.

i cant for the life of me figure out where the issue is spurring from. ive checked everything i know to check, and just flat out cant find it. if it were an hour off... id look for a time zone issue... but it isnt. its 30-35 minutes off. as i stated... ive checked the issue with multiple mail clients, on multiple operating systems, in multiple parts of the us. the result is always the same.

any ideas or suggestions?

i had a close issue before,
but the reason was my own pc, i sent messages in the future and received in the past; of something like that.
did you try from another pc?
another user? others clients?
my pc had hard-coded wrong timezone in its' kernel, so i had to reinstall it;)

Originally posted by tiramisu
i had a close issue before,
but the reason was my own pc, i sent messages in the future and received in the past; of something like that.
did you try from another pc?
another user? others clients?
my pc had hard-coded wrong timezone in its' kernel, so i had to reinstall it;)

yes. several different pc's and macs on several different networks in several different places around the US, an iphone, and several other odds and ends. all come back with the same result. its definitely a server specific issue.

Back