• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

A werid one

C

chadgqx

Ok... i have a server running windos 2003 and plesk 7...

I set up an email account and it works GREAT in outlook express.... but when i try to use microsoft outlook 2002 i get the error unable to log in to the incomming mail server check your user and password... etc....

Any ideas????

Thanks
Chad

This is most likley because you need to use your email address for the login. Let me know if this works for you

yeah tried it both ways... whats weird in outlook express you just use the user name... but i did try it both ways in outlook 2002... still working on it... but as of yet cant get it running... works fine in outlook express!! weird.....

Thanks,
Chad

Just for grins, check the port settings for outlook 2002, not saying that this is it, but its worth checking out. POP3 should be 110 and SMTP should be 25. Also make sure that you are not using the logon with secure password. Let me know what you find.

well gets even more fun.... when i open outlook 03... it finds that i have another email program set up under express... it asks to import it... so i let it....... guess what it works now!!

LOL

Not sure what went on here.... but i am glad its fixed!!

Chad

Back