• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Access control panel via non secure or 2 different URLS securely?

Matthew James

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Does anybody know if it's possible to access Plesk via a different URL securely?

The reason I ask is I have a reseller and he wants his clients to access plesk via his own domain name, this isn't a problem but the certificate on my plesk is only valid for one domain name so it results in a certificate error.

So is there a way to get the plesk Control panel working on non https or set a cert up on the other domain and have this secure the control panel too?

Thanks

You can go to any domain hosted on this Plesk (not only Plesk server hostname) with port 8443 and admin's account and you will get Plesk Admin Panel.

Well yes I realise this however that causes a certificate error and for end users who aren't too technical then this causes people to worry!

And of course, you cannot install a second SSL for another domain because the control panel uses the same IP address, hence why I'm asking if there's a way round this?

Back