1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Access DB for ColdFusion MX

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by IkeInMass, Feb 13, 2006.

1. IkeInMass

IkeInMass Guest

How do I setup a MS Access database in Plesk to work with ColdFusion 7 MX? I would think there would be a JDBC Settings like there is for ODBC Settings. I've tried setting it up as an ODBC datasource and can't connect to it. I'm on a shared hosting provider.

2. renhack

renhack Guest

You still need to set up the DSN in the Coldfusion administrator. It would be a nice feature if plesk could add this automatically but it doesnt.

-ren

3. IkeInMass

IkeInMass Guest

You mean I have to bug my provider every time I need a new DSN?

4. renhack

renhack Guest

Unfortunately.

5. renhack

renhack Guest

Also, as you might know since you mentioned jdbc. CF5 would pick up odbc system DSN's but CFMX only picks up system JDBC.

Since CFMX is a J2EE app there may be a component out there that allows this. WHo knows.