1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

access_log not showing googlebot

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by gckorn, Aug 26, 2008.

1. gckorn

gckorn Guest

Running plesk 8.6. Grep'ing access_log for "google" or "googlebot" but shows nothing. Yet webalizer shows constant access.

Should access_log show googlebot? Is there some reason that access_log would not show googlebot? Is there some other log to look at?

Thanks in advance,
    gckorn

2. Ragefast

Ragefast Guest

As far as I know, webalizer uses the same access_log for statistics, so if webalizer shows it, I think there must be googlebot access in the logs. Have you attempted an IP-based search in the access_log?

3. gckorn

gckorn Guest

access_log

Thanks. Problem was we were probing the main server access log. We should have been probing the access logs for the specific domains, each of which has its own folder. Doing so, we are now finding the googlebot entries.

gckorn