• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add a .info domain

C

CeLe

Hello. When I try to add my .info domain in Plesk, it says that it is an invalid domain and will not let me add it. Any suggestions?

Verizon

7.5.2 - And I just wanted to thank you for taking your time to help me - I know I'm really busy and it must be hard to set aside some time to do this but I really appreciate it.

I just tested with 7.5.3 and .info domains can be added. Perhaps you might consider upgrading to 7.5.3. I haven't had any problems with 7.5.3

I have an .info domain on plesk and I remember it was added before I upgrated to 7.5.3.

Well, I can say at least it works on 7.5.3.

Sam

Re: Verizon

Originally posted by CeLe
7.5.2 - And I just wanted to thank you for taking your time to help me - I know I'm really busy and it must be hard to set aside some time to do this but I really appreciate it.

I will test it on sunday afternoon to add an .info-domain to 7.5.2
and report about it here.

Thanks

Thanks -- It still wont work for me - I don't know why maybe I'lll let you one of you guys try on my server. Thanks.

BTW, what is keeping you from upgrading to 7.5.3? I have RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 and the upgrade when without any problem. It has some very useful features including having http/https on the same directory.

Sam

Webhost

How do I upgrade it -- dosen't my datacenter need to do that on my server?

Is it your server that you lease from your datacenter (your the only person on the server) or do you just have a reseller account (ie. no administrator access to the server)?

If you have admininistrator access to the server you can use the autoupdater under the Server page when logged in as admin.

It is done in your Plesk control panel.

Click on Server and you should see "Updater" around the middle of the page. Then you would see Plesk 7.5.3 under the Release Name. Click on it and I usually check the "Base Package of Plesk" first to be upgraded, and then come back to update the others. It is quite easy.

In my case the httpd restart failed after the automatic upgrade. So I had to do it manually. That was the only hitch I got. Just make sure you enter a good email address out side of your server, so that you can read the log file to see which part failed.

Sam

Oh, that's right. I didn't even ask if you are the server administrator.

Otherwise you can't upgrade. You have to ask the server administrator to do so.

Sam

Just so you know; I don't think the .info dilema is due to psa 7.5.2..... I have many .info names on 7.5.2....

How did your update go BTW? The updater is getting better. Six months ago I would tell you to manually update but I think the psa updater is okay now.

Best regards,
poke

Re: Verizon

Originally posted by CeLe

ok, I am now here to check out and fix your problem. What I
would like to know from you is following:

You got the Plesk-software.
Which version?
And later, which different updates were done?

Originally posted by poke
Just so you know; I don't think the .info dilema is due to psa 7.5.2..... I have many .info names on 7.5.2....

sorry, poke, but you must be more detailed. Did you get
7.5.0 and directly upgrade to 7.5.2? Or was your plesk-system
7.1.7 before you upgrade from 7.1.7 to 7.5.0 and then to 7.5.1
and then another update to 7.5.2?

Just now, it is "dangerous" to advertise people aka "oh, just
only update to 7.5.3" and to let rush the people in big technical
problems. This is why we must try to be more detailed.

I've tried on two systems.. One that was 7.5.0 that was upgraded to 7.5.1 then to 7.5.2 and now 7.5.3 that works fine. I tried on another system that was a fresh 7.5.2 install that was upgraded to 7.5.3 and it works fine.
Just now, it is "dangerous" to advertise people aka "oh, just
only update to 7.5.3"
Updates do contain bug fixes. This may be one of many bugs that a few people experianced with 7.5.2 that may have been fixed in 7.5.3 and I've had no problems whatsoever with Plesk 7.5.3

Thanks for your info. Your signature says, that you use
FC3 - http://fedora.redhat.com/ -

How could you upgrade onto a FC3-System especially if
Plesk doesn't offer an upgrade-script? Latest version of
Plesk knows only the FC1 and FC2.

<PLESK_7_5_2>
os_vendor="FedoraCore"
os_name="Linux"
os_version=1
build=75050128.10
config=plesk_7.5.2_fc1.inf
</>

<PLESK_7_5_2>
os_vendor="FedoraCore"
os_name="Linux"
os_version=2
build=75050128.11
config=plesk_7.5.2_fc2.inf
</>

plus:

product=plesk
version=7.5.2
name="Plesk ${version}"
sections_name=PLESK_7_5_2
upgrade_allowed_from=7.1, 7.0, 6.0
nokeyupdate_from=7.5

I can either upgrade either using yum (with ART's 7.5 FC3 repositorie) or by downloading the FC2 RPM's from SWSoft's site and installing them as normal.

Back