• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add support for phpMyAdmin v2.11.9.5?

N

Noah Kaufman

Our servers are currently running the "latest & greatest" per the update functionality on our PLESK hosting panels, but it seems that phpMyAdmin v2.8.2.4 is a little out of date.

Any chance of getting the current version - phpMyAdmin v2.11.9.5 added as an (automatic) update to PLESK 9.2?

I've tried to copy the newer phpMyAdmin v2.11.9.5 into the original directory of psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases.
After this no phpMyAdmin is working (blank page).
Please can anybody out there tell me, how to upgrade to a newer version?

Dear plesk developer:
It isn't really good, that peoples must wait or search for solutions to fix your forgotten or not supported quite silly things. Please note, v2.8.x is never supported by phpMyAdmin-Devel Team and it has less security and fixes as newer ones. So we need an upgrade!
Your software is'nt really cheap, so why don't you answer on many questions about newer phpMyAdmin? Or better: write down a faq, so people can update and do your job.

Regards
Michael

I also vote for this update !
Some things just need to be implemented because they bring new features and are stable !

phpMyAdmin 3.2.1

Edit: Verified patch is also valid for 3.2.2.

Here are instructions for installing phpMyAdmin 3.2.1.

I did this on a server running Debian Lenny. Other distributions may require minor modifications.

Attempt at your own risk, etc.

Please let me know if you find that I have missed anything.

Download phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages and the attached patch

Code:
omniflux@hosting:~$ ls -l
-rw-r--r--  1 omniflux omniflux    6765 2009-08-18 14:14 phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages-plesk.diff
-rw-r--r--  1 omniflux omniflux 2739999 2009-08-09 15:27 phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages.tar.bz2

Extract the archive to a temporary location
Code:
omniflux@hosting:~$ tar -xjf phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages.tar.bz2

Remove the setup directory
Code:
omniflux@hosting:~$ rm -rf phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages/setup

Apply the patch
Code:
omniflux@hosting:~$ patch -p1 -d phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages < phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages-plesk.diff

Copy the values for the following variables from /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/libraries/config.default.php to phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages/libraries/config.default.php

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser']
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass']
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb']

Move /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin to a safe location in case you need to roll back
Code:
omniflux@hosting:~$ sudo mv /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin.plesk

Copy phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages into its place
Code:
omniflux@hosting:~$ sudo cp -a phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin

Change ownership of the new files to root
Code:
omniflux@hosting:~$ sudo chown -R root:root /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin

Restart psa
Code:
omniflux@hosting:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/psa restart

Login to the Plesk Control Panel and test it.

--
Omni Flux

Attachments

• phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages-plesk.diff
    6.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Thanks Omniflux! :D

For CentOS users, the PhpMyAdmin directory is in /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/

Here are instructions for installing phpMyAdmin 3.2.1.

I did this on a server running Debian Lenny. Other distributions may require minor modifications.

Attempt at your own risk, etc.

Please let me know if you find that I have missed anything.

Download phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages and the attached patch

And what's with phpMyAdmin 2.11.9.5?
Because I've a modified Version, that I want to use.

Hi Omniflux, thanks for this great instruction!
But unfortunately it isn't working on my server...
I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (64-Bit) with Plesk 9.2.2 and Apache/httpd: 2.2.8, php: 5.2.4, MySQL: 5.0.51.
Old phpMyAdmin Installation was 2.8.2.4

I tried to install phpMyAdmin 3.2.2
After restarting the psa-server as you told I only get a white page...
Any suggestions?

Thanks, toby

It sounds like the control panel Apache instance did not get restarted. Try restarting it with the instructions at http://kb.odin.com/en/118 instead.

Also, check to make sure the permissions on the files are 644 (rw-r--r--) and the directories are 755 (rwx-r-xr-x).

--
Omni Flux

thanks for your reply. I followed your advise, but it didn't worked nevertheless...
Blank page, as before...

if I switch back to the old phpMyAdmin-installation I don't even need to restart the apache2 oder psa-service... Just need to refresh the webpage and it works...

for the new 3.2.2, is there really no installation required?

-- toby

Have any of you tried to upgrade to phpMyAdmin 3.2.5 on a CentOS Plesk box? I get the dreaded blank page when I try it.

Just did this with phpMyAdmin 3.3.2 on a CentOS with Plesk 9.5.1 box and this patch still works. Thanks OmniFlux!

Back