1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Reseller Customers under Billing Manager

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by SupportAXL, Nov 10, 2011.

1. SupportAXL

SupportAXL Basic Pleskian

35%
    Hi, We are using the Customer and Business Manager as a module with Plesk Panel 10.x ... We can create and modify the Reseller accounts under the Plesk Panel, however we could not see any option to create plans for, or create reseller customers.
    If it is not supported, is there a best practice to setup the reseller accounts/customers with the Business Manager?

Thanks.

2. EugeneL

EugeneL Regular Pleskian

57%
    You can create resellers both in Panel and in Business Manager - the choice depends on what you want to achieve. Resellers created directly in Panel will get ability to create own hosting plans and customers. Resellers created in Business Manager will receive business operations as well - they will be very similar in capabilities with Panel administrator.

When you are logged in as administrator, you can create resellers in both Panel and CBM. But you can't create plans and customers on behalf of them. For this you need to log in as reseller - use their username and password.

3. SupportAXL

35%
    Hi ... Thanks for the update. I am still unsure from where can I create the reseller account in Business Manager. I see the option to create a customer. However, where is the reseller?

Also, one more quick question. Is there anyway that I can add the quantity option in Plesk Online store? I have a few non-hosting products with which I wanted the flexibility to choose the number of items ... is there something like that?

4. EugeneL

EugeneL Regular Pleskian

57%
    Oh, my fault.

Resellers are available in upcoming CBM 10.4 - public availability is expected in the end of November.
    You can evaluate this functionality installing the preview from official site.

About quantity - this is unavailable option now but I'll take a note and add feature request for development team.

5. SupportAXL

35%
    Thanks a lot for the help

6. SupportAXL

35%
    Hi again ... I wonder if this would be incorporated in the future updates ... We need to get the option for the customer to specify the number of subscriptions he needs for Non-hosting plans ... Any update?

7. SupportAXL

35%
    No update on the above ??

8. EugeneL

EugeneL Regular Pleskian

57%
    This feature was not included into release 11.0 but it's still in queue

9. MemoonaM

MemoonaM Guest

10. SupportAXL

35%
    Were seriously after this enhancement (Quantities)... Basically just want an extra field to allow us to add quantities to a custom recurring invoice.
    Call it Quantity Product Invoice. This will allow us to sell our other hosting offerings via the plesk control panel, rather than having a separate system. At this point we may need to look at WHMCS as an alternative, however, I already have plesk billing, so I would prefer to maintain this system.
    Is there any update about adding this enhancement?

11. EugeneL

EugeneL Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hello SupportAXL,

I finally started to scope the featureabout quantities and I want to clarify the requirements:
    1. Do you need quantities for service plans or for add-ons? What should be the behavior if service plan in cart with quantity 2 has add-ons, should they be doubled or not?
    Like " I ordered license (plan) with language pack (add-on). Then I set quantity of licenses = 2. Should I got two language packs or still one?"
    2. Should such products with quantity not equal to 1 be provisoned somewhere or are they completely non-hosting products?
    3. Is it generally possible to cover you scenario by simply adding a number of identical products into the cart?
    4. Could you please give me an example of such service and typical configuration?
    Like "I want to sell hosting package plus N support calls" or "I want be able to sell app licenses and I want my customers to specify a numer of licenses they need"

12. SupportAXL

35%
    Hi Eugene,
    Basically we're looking at a way to add custom recurring invoices to plesk, instead of having to purchase yet another billing module. We provide hosted exchange, cloud desktop and microsoft spla licensing associated to virtual server setups. Being able to manually adjust quantities every month and then allow customers to pay online via plesk would be excellent.
    Answers to your questions...
    1. In this situation the problem with the service plan and add-on type of setup, is for example if a customer orders 1 mailbox of hosted exchange, how does he order another 2/3 mailboxes? Multiple add-ons would need to be setup ie.. 1 mailbox addon, 2 mailbox....etc. I think another service plan option should be available called "custom quantity plan" this will allow the admin to manually set quantities to each plan, and notified when the invoice is ready to be sent. Add-ons will remain as is, and would rarely be used.
    2. Non-hosting. Being notified before invoice is to be sent would be a nice feature to ensure quantities can be updated first.
    3. We looked at many ways to do it, but it makes it very difficult to maintain potentially 100s of service plans and add-ons. I did think of setting up service plans or add-ons for multiples of 1, 2 3, 4, and 5 mailboxes. But for every plan and reseller plan, it was not workable, and would confuse the customer at the ordering processes.
    4. Examples :
    Cloud Desktop - charged per user.
    Hosted exchange - charged per mailbox
    Order a dual cpu windows standard license for virtual server, or 10 RDP licenses.

Unfortunately every customer I bring on to the virtual server setup has different requirements, and it would be great if a custom quantity invoice could be set to allow this functionality and allow the clients to pay for invoices in the one control panel, or shopping cart.

13. SupportAXL

35%
    Hi EugeneL,
    Did this functionality ever get added CBM?

14. SupportAXL

35%
    Anyone able to confirm whether this functionality has been added in the new version??

15. EgidijusS

EgidijusS Regular Pleskian

23%
    I think, we can expect new features in next major version not earlier. Sometimes to add new features for plesk took so long. Like Dovecot support, people talking about that three years or more, but with no luck until now.

16. dhawkinson

dhawkinson New Pleskian

I can confirm that with version 11.5.29 there's reseller functionality inside CBM. It works very well. We are using it actively and have scraped WHMCS completely.

17. HWIDA G

HWIDA G New Pleskian

60%
    I finally started to scope the featureabout quantities and I want to clarify the requirements:
    1. Do you need quantities for service plans or for add-ons? What should be the behavior if service plan in cart with quantity 2 has add-ons, should they be doubled or not?
    Like " I ordered license (plan) with language pack (add-on). Then I set quantity of licenses = 2. Should I got two language packs or still one?"
    2. Should such products with quantity not equal to 1 be provisoned somewhere or are they completely non-hosting products?
    3. Is it generally possible to cover you scenario by simply adding a number of identical products into the cart?
    4. Could you please give me an example of such service and typical configuration?
    Like "I want to sell hosting package plus N support calls" or "I want be able to sell app licenses and I want my customers to specify a numer of licenses they need"

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  18. HWIDA G

HWIDA G New Pleskian

60%
    Were seriously after this enhancement (Quantities)... Basically just want an extra field to allow us to add quantities to a custom recurring invoice.
    Call it Quantity Product Invoice. This will allow us to sell our other hosting offerings via the plesk control panel, rather than having a separate system. At this point we may need to look at WHMCS as an alternative, however, I already have plesk billing, so I would prefer to maintain this system.
    Is there any update about adding this enhancement?

19. paulagomez

paulagomez New Pleskian

Is there any option to update to the latest version of Plesk automatically?, my provider does not seem to answer this question. Thanks.