• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Adding WWW to already added domain.

M

MayankR

Hi,

I've already added a domain to my Pleask panel but without www prefix. Now, I need to add www prefix to that domain but when I use www.domain.com, it displays plesk's default landing page instead of my website.

Thanks

Try to add CNAME www DNS record in DNS Settings for this domain. I hope it will help.

Thanks

Nope...that didn't help......it still showed default parallels page.

You can enable www prefix under Plesk CP > Domains > domain.com > 'Domain Administration' drop-down menu > Rename domain. It will force IIS to configure www.domain.com hostheader for your domain.
Also, make sure your www.domain.com resolves to the same IP adress as domain.com.

[Resolved]

@Satoriya,

It was just the thing I wanted!!!! But, I wish you could have replied a little early...it would have saved me from deleting and creating the hosting again :)...... Neways....Thank You very much.

thank you dude

We didn't know that the "Domain Administration" word was clickable...
This solution is a was better than deleting the domain and recreate all the emails !
Thank you for this hour saved.

If in your root is a file called .htaccess, then open it and add this code into it .

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

( if there is not such file, then create a simple new text file with notepad and upload to the website root directory, and rename it to .htaccess )

This is 301 (which is permanent redirect), and then after a few weeks the site will be visible with www in Google search engines anymore.

Last edited:
Back