1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Adding WWW to already added domain.

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by MayankR, Nov 17, 2009.

1. MayankR

MayankR Guest

Hi,

I've already added a domain to my Pleask panel but without www prefix. Now, I need to add www prefix to that domain but when I use www.domain.com, it displays plesk's default landing page instead of my website.

Thanks

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Try to add CNAME www DNS record in DNS Settings for this domain. I hope it will help.

3. MayankR

MayankR Guest

Thanks

Nope...that didn't help......it still showed default parallels page.

4. Satoriya

Satoriya Guest

You can enable www prefix under Plesk CP > Domains > domain.com > 'Domain Administration' drop-down menu > Rename domain. It will force IIS to configure www.domain.com hostheader for your domain.
    Also, make sure your www.domain.com resolves to the same IP adress as domain.com.

5. MayankR

MayankR Guest

[Resolved]

@Satoriya,

It was just the thing I wanted!!!! But, I wish you could have replied a little early...it would have saved me from deleting and creating the hosting again :)...... Neways....Thank You very much.

6. frankbrett

frankbrett Guest

thank you dude

We didn't know that the "Domain Administration" word was clickable...
    This solution is a was better than deleting the domain and recreate all the emails !
    Thank you for this hour saved.

7. somewhat

somewhat New Pleskian

23%
    Hi
    How do you do it in Linux Plesk 10? I can't see 'Domain Administration' drop-down menu
    ta

8. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  9. easesd

easesd New Pleskian

If in your root is a file called .htaccess, then open it and add this code into it .

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]
    </IfModule>

( if there is not such file, then create a simple new text file with notepad and upload to the website root directory, and rename it to .htaccess )

This is 301 (which is permanent redirect), and then after a few weeks the site will be visible with www in Google search engines anymore.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013