1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Admin CP Cron Tab Problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by hostshelter, Apr 28, 2005.

1. hostshelter

hostshelter Guest

Hi Everybody,
    I modified my crontab from the shell and accidentally I rewrote the whole crontab. I wrote the default admin plesk CP cron jobs back to the crontab but now I get the following error when I click on the crontab button on my admin control panel:

Crontab() constructor failed: Unable to create Crontab entry: parse error

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/sysuser/crontab.php:60 psaerror(string "Crontab() constructor failed: Unable to create Crontab entry: parse error")

Does anyone has any idea why this happening?

Thanks
    Miguel

2. defencer

defencer Guest

Run "crontab -l" command and put its output here.

3. hostshelter

hostshelter Guest

Thanks for your respond
    The output of crontab -l command is a follow:

14 5 * * * /usr/local/psa/bin/mysqldump.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    7 4 * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics >/dev/null 2>&1
    30 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
    17 7 * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto daily >/dev/null 2>&1
    17 7 * * 1 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto weekly >/dev/null 2>&1
    17 7 1 * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto monthly >/dev/null 2>&1

15 4 * * Sun dump -0u -f /root/backups/server-backup/full-server-backup-$(date +%m-%d-%y).bak /dev/hda3
    30 5 * * * . /root/admin/admin

The last 2 entries, I put the dump command on a file and then use crontab mycronfile to include that cron in my crontab. I forgot when you do this the crontab for that user (root) get overwritten, deleting your previous entries; then I put the plesk (root) default cron jobs entries – the first 6 entries – manually.

After that when I click on crontab button through my admin plesk CP I got that error.

My cron daemon is working fine. I did stop and restarted it with no problem and I tested with some jobs, which it executed successfully today.

Thanks

4. defencer

defencer Guest

15 4 * * Sun dump -0u -f /root/backups/server-backup/full-server-backup-$(date +%m-%d-%y).bak /dev/hda3

I suppose, that problem in this record. Try to change "Sun" to the numeric value (0 if I remember).

5. hostshelter

hostshelter Guest

I commented out the last 2 lines in my crontab file and everything was fixed. Now i can go through plesk and see my cron entries.

I was wondering what was the problem. I think you're right. It should be the prefix on the days where the probem reside.

Appreciate your help.
    Thanks