• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Admin CP Cron Tab Problem

H

hostshelter

Hi Everybody,
I modified my crontab from the shell and accidentally I rewrote the whole crontab. I wrote the default admin plesk CP cron jobs back to the crontab but now I get the following error when I click on the crontab button on my admin control panel:

Crontab() constructor failed: Unable to create Crontab entry: parse error

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/sysuser/crontab.php:60 psaerror(string "Crontab() constructor failed: Unable to create Crontab entry: parse error")

Does anyone has any idea why this happening?

Thanks
Miguel

Thanks for your respond
The output of crontab -l command is a follow:

14 5 * * * /usr/local/psa/bin/mysqldump.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
7 4 * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics >/dev/null 2>&1
30 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
17 7 * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto daily >/dev/null 2>&1
17 7 * * 1 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto weekly >/dev/null 2>&1
17 7 1 * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto monthly >/dev/null 2>&1

15 4 * * Sun dump -0u -f /root/backups/server-backup/full-server-backup-$(date +%m-%d-%y).bak /dev/hda3
30 5 * * * . /root/admin/admin

The last 2 entries, I put the dump command on a file and then use crontab mycronfile to include that cron in my crontab. I forgot when you do this the crontab for that user (root) get overwritten, deleting your previous entries; then I put the plesk (root) default cron jobs entries – the first 6 entries – manually.

After that when I click on crontab button through my admin plesk CP I got that error.

My cron daemon is working fine. I did stop and restarted it with no problem and I tested with some jobs, which it executed successfully today.

Thanks

15 4 * * Sun dump -0u -f /root/backups/server-backup/full-server-backup-$(date +%m-%d-%y).bak /dev/hda3

I suppose, that problem in this record. Try to change "Sun" to the numeric value (0 if I remember).

I commented out the last 2 lines in my crontab file and everything was fixed. Now i can go through plesk and see my cron entries.

I was wondering what was the problem. I think you're right. It should be the prefix on the days where the probem reside.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks

Back