• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

aint it time for a most wanted features for 8.2 ?

I

irzyxel

since it seems to have worked last time (mysql5, awstats, domain alias)...

please dear ...

- rblsmtpd logging
- -Rt0 as default

Plesk is perfect now...we don't need new features

only kidding ;-)

* -Rt0 by default is a good idea. It's annoying to also have to type it in after every change.

* Ability to set common PHP options in GUI that can currently only be set by administrator using vhost.conf

* Template system can can be applied to existing sites - I believe they are working on such a feature for Expand but having this in Plesk itself will be a bonus. I don't think anyone has such a system.

* Multiple administrators in Linux version..this already exists in Windows version

* Administrator backup to FTP from command line option with e-mail reporting. Backup is such an important part of our daily lives.

* More QMail configurable parameters to set queue expiry, postmaster address, etc.

* QMail multilog. PLEASE. That way we can use fancy graphs on the Internet to monitor our mail system

* Much better pricing for Acronis :)

that's all for now.

I have a two requests for Backup Manger:
- Add support for an S3 (Amazon Web Services) repository.
- Ability to use grandfather-father-son rotations in the scheduler.

I would also like to echo a request above:
- Ability to set common PHP options in GUI that can currently only be set by administrator using vhost.conf.

maybe they should first finish what they have started.

the Awstats default implementation is USELESS, because mainly, there is no access to previous month logs.

Please let's stick with the topic - request for new features - instead of moaning about old features that need improvement. So instead of complaining rather just say:

* Request to view previous month's statistics in AWStats

That still brings the point across.

It'd be nice to see a non-proprietary backup/restore system.

Backup files should be extractable for users. (ie: web, databases, email, plesk setting file, etc) are separate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Plesk for Linux still executes all PHP scripts as the Apache user...

I have run a number of Plesk servers (not 8.1) with CGI PHP and suPHP, however this creates it's own issues. Using the PHP CGI Module breaks any .htaccess configurable directives and also messes with the per domain error reporting functionality.

Im very supprised that this is not addressed...

My vote is to fix this one major issue and I'll be a happy plesk user.

1: Editing DNS for a domain alias. I'm sure they can do it, because they removed the feature in 8.1

2: A non-monolithic backup system. You try and pull data from one customer out and it never works. You need a machine to get some information for a single customer? Very dodgy. So I have to use my own backup system.

3: Secondary DNS. They should have an application that reads the domains out of plesk and creates a secondary DNS server. Unlike what swsoft normally do, this shouldn't cost anything if you've got more than 5 servers say.

4: More traffic stats. The current stats are useless. There's no inbound stats at all. We had to build our own based on the database, they then were not right, so we now have to build our own based on the logs.

5: A centralized login that doesn't ****(wtf you can't write what vaccum cleaners do? gee i wonder why? people saying it too often???). Plesk Expand is too big. They should just get a copy of all the usernames, tell you which usernames have to be renamed and you enter one username and password and it logs you into whatever server you want. None of that mass centralization as it doesn't work.

I'm sure if I had ten mins I could think of another thirty or so.

- Ability to configure ftp-users to subdirectorys/subdomains

- Ability to assign web-users to subdomains

one root

- ability to use one httpdocs and database for more domains (and subdomains)
- ability to point each domain (and subdomain) to a special subfolder in httpdocs

Remove All Ads !

- Remove all ads !
- Support Greylisting !

Regards
Joao Correia

How about remove the main host for the reseller-

We host a bunch of resellers and everyday we get complaints that our name is all over the place.

Default pages
Some emails that go out
Server host name

clamav - you can forget it. SWSoft sells Dr. Web and installing support for a 'free' anti-virus will canabilize their revenue.

i would say:

- greylist support
- qmail with more functions (see
- php5 and mysql5 support
- rfc compliant timestamp zone format ! (with some tld, it is a real problem !)
- a real backup solution with possibility to view the backup
- multi-admin access !
- remove all ads ! Plesk is made for reselling webspace ... Would they agree if Dell or Supermicro or IBM make ads on their home page because they use their servers? I doubt it ....

... i think this is enough for the moment :D

Originally posted by romino
i would say:

- greylist support
- qmail with more functions (see
- php5 and mysql5 support
- rfc compliant timestamp zone format ! (with some tld, it is a real problem !)
- a real backup solution with possibility to view the backup
- multi-admin access !
- remove all ads ! Plesk is made for reselling webspace ... Would they agree if Dell or Supermicro or IBM make ads on their home page because they use their servers? I doubt it ....

... i think this is enough for the moment :D

I had this mystery about MySQL 5. Plesk 8.1 came out and said "We support MySQL 5". I upgraded but still not MySQL 5. I was then told "If you install Fedora Core 5 that comes native with MySQL 5" you will have it. So options for me:
1. Install Fedora Core 5 that comes with MySQL 5.
2. Try to upgrade existing FC4 to MySQL 5. I won't go for this option because I'm scared to break something.

Conclusion: Perhaps SWSoft feels it's up to the distribution to have native MySQL 5 instead of the control panel. Sort of makes sense.

Multi-admin access is already in Plesk Windows so it's probably a matter of time before we see it in Linux.

RFC compliant time stamp is in Expand, so hopefully this will spill over to Plesk soon.

Many people complaining about ads, hopefully SWSoft won't make this mistake again.

Built-in ClamAv (without crappy qmail-scanner)
Greylisting Support
Php as cgi

Back