• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

all outgoing mail is not preprocessed.

L

limparty

At "Queue Mail" shows

Messages in queue: 57 not preprocessed, 0 local, 0 remote, 57 total.

please help.

If I send email to local, I can get it.
If I send email to remote (e.g, hotmail.com), it's not preprocessed.

my solution

run

//var/qmail/bin/qmail_install_post.sh

and everything seem alright but my mail server reject all incoming mail and out going mail

so I uninstall dr.web, now everything is all right.
1.run "rpm -qa|grep dr"
to look the dr.web files, they should be like
drweb-qmail-4.33-fc5.build81061129.23
drweb-deamon-4.33-rh5_psa or
2.run "rpm -e <filename from 1.>"

hope useful for u.

Now I have the same problem and I cannot solve it

Messages in queue: 232 not preprocessed, 0 local, 0 remote, 232 total.

help me.

Please check whether the port 25 is opened in the firewall. Last time i had this problem when someone closed the port 25 "accidentally" :mad:

Thank you very much for very fast reply. After checking I found that the real problem after updating plesk port 25 was closed. For my sure, I reboot the system, now it's work. In fact, I think only start qmail is ok.

Now I have more problems
- how can I set server to delete "failure notice" email?
- how can I set server to avoid sending emails that their senders is not in my server?
- I need SPF maunal, where can I get it?

Thank you very much.

Originally posted by limparty

- how can I set server to delete "failure notice" email?
I use qmhandle to remove the "failure notice" mail from the queue. You may download it from ART (http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com)

- how can I set server to avoid sending emails that their senders is not in my server?
You should set your SMTP that required authentication, and make sure it is not Open Relay.

Please explain more.

Please explain me about "Relay". I'm worry if I close relay, can users in my server send email both from webmail, script (PHP), and remote (MS Outlook, Outlook Express via POP3).

In topic "Relaying" there are
- closed
- authorization is required:
-> POP lock time _____ Min
-> SMTP

Please tell me which one must be on or off.

Thank you very much.

select authorization is required and select the pop3 and the smtp boxes, leave locktime at default 20

Delete all mail in queue how?

I have 9800 email in the mail queue that I need to delete on fedoracore4 and plesk 8.1.

What is the putty command to delete all email

Messages in queue: 0
not preprocessed, 0
local, 11800
remote, 11800 total.

I am used to windoes, linux is scary

Re: Delete all mail in queue how?

Originally posted by plaat
I have 9800 email in the mail queue that I need to delete on fedoracore4 and plesk 8.1.

Use Qmhandle, you can download it from ART(http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com)

Also, you may want to find out why there is huge number of mails that stuck in thw queue. I guess mostly are spam mails .

thanks limparty, the problem was a coldfusion page that sends an email was on a constant loop sending out thousands of emails. By the time I fixed it there where 20,000 emails waiting to be sent. and plesk only allows deleting 100 at a time. (thee should be an option to delete all from the search page)

I will look at the turtle page

Back