• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Allowing full access to all subdomains

T

thedust2010

We have set up 100 subdomains with 100 unique FTP users. Is it possible to allow the FTP login for the main domain to have access to all the contents in the subdomains? Right now permission is denied. I have gone into file manager when logged in as admin and am unable to change file permissions - permission denied. Any thoughts on this?

The Plesk File Manager has certain limitations. If you use the domain login or admin login with an FTP client there should be no limitations/restrictions on file access, I believe they may be checking UID, not GID.

I do this all the time with the domain login, have full access to everything in the domain's root and below. And of course, when I use admin, have full access to entire server.

Like I said though... I am logging in as the domain user and although I can SEE all of the subdomain folders, I don't have access to any of the contents of these folders. Any ideas on how I can let the domain user have access to the contents of every subdomain's contents?

Back