• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Alternative to Plesk backups?

Q

qwik3r

I am looking for an alternative automated backup for Plesk. I do not like how it stores the backups in one big file, are there any 3rd party alternatives that can allow storing them remotely on an ftp repository and putting all of the backedup files and databases in a folder for easy access? Thanks.

I suggest you to upgrade your Plesk version up to the latest.
Because such opportunity appeared in Plesk 8.1/8.2.x

And Plesk utility backup/restore allow you storing your data remotely on an ftp repository.

1) If you perform it in Plesk CP: click Backup and then choose FTP repository.
2) if you perform it manually and you want to save backup files to an FTP server, specify a URL like ftp://[<login>[:<password>]@]<server>/<filepath> instead of <backup file name>. You can specify the password for access to the FTP server using the FTP_PASSWORD environment variable.

Originally posted by unika
I suggest you to upgrade your Plesk version up to the latest.
Because such opportunity appeared in Plesk 8.1/8.2.x

And Plesk utility backup/restore allow you storing your data remotely on an ftp repository.

1) If you perform it in Plesk CP: click Backup and then choose FTP repository.
2) if you perform it manually and you want to save backup files to an FTP server, specify a URL like ftp://[<login>[:<password>]@]<server>/<filepath> instead of <backup file name>. You can specify the password for access to the FTP server using the FTP_PASSWORD environment variable.

Thanks for the response, but not quite what I mean't. I would like to know if there are 3rd party addons that let you specify what you can backup such as a specific folder and instead of compressing it into a single file just back it up as a folder etc.

Back