• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Another Error 2 problem

R

RemkoS

Hi there,

I triend installing Plesk 9.2 on a Windows 2008 server and when I try to open the Plesk Panel I get the following error:

ERROR: Exception
Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden. (Error code 2) at RegQueryValueEx valueName=pwd

0: constants.php3:62
get_admin_password()
1: constants.php3:62
require_once(string 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\constants.php3')
2: auth.php3:46

In which the "Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden" roughly translates to "The system cannot find the given file" (from Dutch)

Please advise... (NB: the referenced file is located in the mentioned folder, and the plaadm user has read+execute access)

Kind regards,
Remko

Seems the problem in that you have specified password more than 14 symbols in Plesk installer. But Plesk for Windows allows maximal length of passwords 14 symbols. It is known bug which should be fixed soon. Therefore try to set shorter password during Plesk installation.

Ok, But how to reset the password in case that I did the mistake during the installation.
thx

"%plesk_bin%\plesksrvclient.exe" -set new_password true

i write this but then I got an error:

"The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at RegQueryValueEx valueName=pwd"

The same message is when I CHECK in Plesk Reconfigurator->Repair Plesk installation->Check and Repair.

I dont know what should I do in this situation.
thanx

Usually this error means that Plesk is completely broken and it will be easier to reinstall OS and then try to install Plesk once again.

Hi IgorG,
First off all , it's very disappointing that after 2 years Parallels has not solved more than 14 chars related problems in Plesk. Is it really difficult to detect the length of password in Plesk setup and validate the entered password?
Anyway,
I solved the problem and I found that there is no need to OS-reinstall. Although it's a complicated process but it's better than OS-reinstall .
There are some key points such as :
1- registry correction
2- repair permissions
3- repair mysql Plesk db
4- change Plesk password
5- change mysql password.
And after it, restart the plesk services and drink your tea in peace! Plesk works well again.
I'm still wondered why plesk reconfiguration doesn't work when we need it.

Back