• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Another Upgrade to 4.1 question

B

bobspl

Sitebuilder is a very minor activity for us but more than a minor pain when it comes to migrating servers.

We only run SiteBuilder on one of our servers as a convenience to a small number of clients. As a result, upgrades tend to be deferred. Currently the server is running Plesk version 8.0 and SiteBuilder 3.0.1. We need to move sites to a new server running Plesk 8.3 which integrates SiteBuilder 4.1.

From other posts it appears we need to upgrade to SiteBuilder 4.1 on the "old server" before we can move the data to the new server.

I have a couple of simple questions.

1. Can we go directly from 3.0.1 to 4.1 and if not which intermediate steps e.g. 3.X.X do I need to step through.

2. Is the move to from 3.0.1 -> 3.X.X -> 4.1 (if 3.X.X is required) sufficiently reliable that it can be done on a "live" system.

3. What data need to be backed up prior to starting this process.

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can go directly from 3.0.1 to 4.1 version. There should not be any problems with that. Before starting migration process you need create Sitebuilder database dump and backup for <sb_root> folder (this is /usr/local/sitebuilder or /opt/sitebuilder/ on Debian servers).
Just for your information, latest version for now is 4.2 (it was released yesterday).

I never had a smooth upgrade with Sitebuilder and Plesk.
Never.
And unless you pay for support, you are in your own.
You will not receive quick and right answers most of the time in this forum.
I recommend that you read all relevant threads in this forum, perform a lot of tests, backup everything, and be prepared for head aches.

Back