1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got PROTX Payment Gateway working now it's SagePay ??

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by benr77, Jun 29, 2010.

1. benr77

benr77 Guest

Hi,

I'm having massive trouble getting the PROTX payment gateway to work in Plesk Billing v6.

PROTX was taken over and rebranded as SagePay a while back. One of my other non-Plesk sites used this system, and a few months after the takeover the gateway stopped responding correctly. Turns out we had to update the gateway URLs to point at SagePay addresses rather than the old PROTX addresses. I think the old PROTX URLs still worked but not with the new 2.23 protocol or something along those lines.

Now in Plesk Billing I've configured the PROTX module, but all it does is return "Gateway returned error" messages. I *think* this is because the module is still pointing at the old PROTX URLs. I've opened a support ticket with Parallels informing them of the URL change, but am not expecting any speedy response to be honest. It's been a few weeks already.

Anyway, I can't work out how to debug this issue. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If I could at least see the responses coming back from the Gateway it would be helpful, and confirm what URLs it's got set.

I don't think it's a firewall issue as I'm sure PROTX/Sagepay API's receive data on port 443 which has been opened on the firewall.

Is it possible to get an unencoded version of the gateway PHP file as I could easily debug this myself if I had access to the plain old PHP code...

Any help appreciated as I'm getting pretty frustrated by this now...

Cheers

Ben

2. geeza@

geeza@ Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hi Ben,

What is the exact error message you're getting back from Sagepay\Protx?

Tom

3. benr77

benr77 Guest

Tom,

Against the PROTX test account I get this:

I'm pretty sure this is because the PROTX gateway module is hardcoded to use the old test URL "ukvpstest.protx.com" etc and the test API on this URL no longer works and returns no data. Because the gateway PHP code is encoded I can't update the URL to point at the new SagePay test URL (test.sagepay.com).

This morning I also tried testing against the live SagePay account, and lo and behold I got a sensible response from the gateway. Unfortunately this was an error response, but this is because our live account hasn't been enabled yet as we're yet to show a test tx and refund against the test account (which we can't do cos Plesk Billing is still using the old URLs).

I've just spoken to SagePay support and explained this situation, and asked them to allow me to do the test tx against the live account. Am currently waiting to hear back from them. If they permit this then I should be ok.

I've got a support ticket opened with Parallels and have supplied them with the new SagePay URLs that need to be integrated in to the PROTX module, but have not heard anything back from then in several weeks and to be honest am not holding my breath on this one.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ben

4. geeza@

geeza@ Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hey Ben,

When we very first switched to Plesk Billing 6.03 standalone we did have sagepay issues however Parallels created a fix which resolved it. I believe the fileset has been refreshed since then so *should* include the fix they did for us. I would test with live and see (I don't think test works for us either). If you still have problems once testing with live let me know. Hope that helps.

Tom

5. benr77

benr77 Guest

Ok - I'm waiting for SagePay to get back to me and tell me if they'll allow me to do this initial test transaction directly against the live account.

My other option is to write some PHP of my own to send a request to the test account, in order to submit the test transaction and permit them to enable my live account.

Thanks for your replies anyway.

Cheers

Ben

6. geeza@

geeza@ Basic Pleskian

23%
    One other thing to check is that the server ip (outbound ip of the server) is added to both the test and live protx accounts otherwise it won't work either :)

7. benr77

benr77 Guest

Yep I've already done that for both accounts

8. benr77

benr77 Guest

Ok, I've now got this sorted.

For anyone else trying to work out how to get the PROTX payment gateway working, here is a summary of the issue and solution:

The problem:

1) Protx in Simulator mode returns an empty error from the gateway
    2) Protx in Test mode returns an empty error from the gateway.
    3) This is due to the Protx payment gateway module being hardcoded to the old Protx URLs for the simulator, test and live accounts.
    4) Since SagePay acquired Protx, the Simulator and Test accounts no longer respond correctly on the Protx URLs, only on the new SagePay URLs.
    5) For backwards compatibility, SagePay have ensured that the service does respond correctly but only on the PROTX LIVE URL.

The solution:

1) Ask SagePay support to enable your live account without going through the usually required step of doing a transaction and a refund against the test account - due to the fact that Plesk Billing's support for the test account is broken.
    2) Switch the Protx gateway module to LIVE and then do your test transaction using a real credit card against the live gateway account.
    3) Do a REFUND/VOID in the live SagePay admin to stop the transaction actually hitting your credit card.

Hopefully Parallels will upgrade the Protx module soon, but in the meantime this is the only way I've figured out how to get set up with Protx and Plesk Billing.

Ben