1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Tried Plesk 7.5.3 with CentOS 4.1?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by boliao, Jul 29, 2005.

1. boliao

boliao Guest

Hi can I know if anyone tried Plesk 7.5.3 with CentOS 4.1 before? If yes, can they work? Do you face any problem?

Thanks in advance

2. eilko

eilko Regular Pleskian

73%
    yes it can work but you will face many problems.

You can try out Arts RPMs or wait for the 7.5.4 release that will support RHEL4/CENTOS4.

3. Cranky

Cranky Guest

I used the RHEL3 builds on CentOS 3.1 a while back, there's no problem with it as long as you don't want to use the updater from the Plesk GUI. If you do, you need to modify /etc/redhat-release to match what it would contain on a true RHEL3 system. I'd imagine the CentOS build of Plesk will be the same.

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

You'll want to use the FC2 rpms, CentOS4/4ES is sort of halfway between FC2 and FC3.

5. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Sorry, yes, I completely misread your post as CentOS 3.1 rather than 4.1. Ignore my post. :D