1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Apache Configuration Templates and vhost.conf Files

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation' started by paulieG, Jan 23, 2013.

1. paulieG

paulieG Regular Pleskian

Hi,

Not seen any documentation on this, so I'm going to ask here.

I'm currently testing PPA for our customisations, which require changes to the Apache configuration templates. I've confirmed that if I add custom templates on the MN the configs do get pushed to the SNs, but I tried creating a vhost.conf on a domain, and it didn't work because the Apache configuration never added the include line.

But in checking the templates on the MN the code is still there to check for vhost.conf and vhost_ssl.conf and insert the include line if required. And when I manually added the include line and forced a restart the changes in the vhost.conf were picked up (change of PHP version since you ask)

So my question is :

Is this a bug?
    Or has the naming of vhost.conf/vhost_ssl.conf changed?
    Or Something Else?

Also, as a feature request, I think I would like in the future to have different custom templates for different service nodes, something which doesn't appear feasible right now.

Paul.

2. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Regular Pleskian

I've opened a bug in our track system. Will be fixed in MU#05 in the end of January. Thank you for reporting.

3. paulieG

paulieG Regular Pleskian

Hi Andrey,

Excellent, thanks for the speedy response.

Paul.