• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache error after 8.3 with performance activated "mandatory extension policy"

H

Herby

Not Extended

A mandatory extension policy in the request is not accepted by the server for this resource.

Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server

This is the error message an a plain html site with activeted apache performance (speed & connections) in 8.3

After deactivating both options the site was online again.

There's gotta be a message somwhere, either in httpd error logs, messages, domain error_log, etc ??

I did have the same problem and did a full Virtuozzo reboot and the problem seems to have gone away for the last 2 days.
I hope someone else can verify that this will keep the error message from reappearing.
Thanks

Even after the server reboot, the error did go away for a few days but reappeared about 7 days later..

It is an error 502 I believe.

The email still works on the domain that this happens to but the website is no longer visible while browsing..

Same problem here. Two completely different servers (hardware, not virtual), both running Plesk 8.3.0 sometimes have this "mandatory extension policy" showing on a site.

These sites seem to have not much in common, one is a Gallery2 photo album the other is a home made website (both PHP).

The quick and dirty fix is restarting apache every 30 minutes ... Not very elegant though

Please help.

Same problem here...it does appear to be specifically connected to the brand-new "performance" options--am I correct in concluding that if I turn them both off, the problem stops?

Must be a problem with the new performance options alright. Turned them off and the site I was having problems with returned to normal.

Back