1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Apache2 will not start

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jimmyboom, Aug 26, 2008.

1. jimmyboom

jimmyboom Guest

Apache2 will not start, plesk gives error!

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to post it, so please don't blame me if isn't.

I have a VPS with Plesk 8.1, and now i wanted to start Apache2 in plesk but it says:

"Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/apache2 failed to start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:151
    psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/apache2 failed to start')
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:28"

What seems to be the problem here?
    I really tried all kinds of things; rebooting the server and placing a back-up, but no effect.

I hope someone can help me. :)