• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

apologies in advance....little prob :(

jayvin

Basic Pleskian
hi all,

id like to apologise in advance but this is all rather new to me, ive been reading various threads on the forum for hrs yet cant seem to solve my problem. Im a 30 somthing news and its all a bit beyond me I'm afraid.

Im am running plesk 9.2 through a virtual server package via my host company 1and1.

I have a few sites up and running and have gotten to know the plesk admin, well enough to set up basic sites.

I need to upgrade my php version to 5.2.0 as I want to install magento (http://www.magentocommerce.com). Im currently running 5.1.6

From what ive read on the forum threads I gather I need to upload a .rpm module some clever chap has made from http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com, then run something called a 'yum' update.

This is where I get confused, which rpm file do I need to download and install? there are so many different files on the site and I dont want to risk mucking everything up.

I am running CentOS 5.x from what I gather from the issue file in the etc folder.

I guess when you run the .rpm in installs something in the plesk admin from which you can run 'yum' and update the php version correct? or way off?

Can some kind sole please let me know which .rpm module i need to install, (ive never installed one before)

and please give me a point in the right direction, as to what I need to do (and how) after the .rpm has been installed. i.e. how to run the yum update to update the php version.

ive made a backup through plesk of my sites, so hopefully im covered if anything goes wrong.

i am truely grateful if someone can offer their knowledge and help, its 3.27am on a friday night here in the uk and I've been going around in circles for hrs (and the cat keeps going for my legs!).

Jay:)

Back