1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Application Uninstall

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Borf, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Borf

Borf Guest

I started to uninstall all applications that don't work with PHP5. However, some applications refuse to uninstall and throw an error.

How can I manually uninstall those applications without damaging Plesk8?

Thanks
    Borf

2. poke

poke Guest

please be more specific with the apps you wish to remove!

3. Borf

Borf Guest

All applications in the application vault that are not compatable with php5. Most of them uninstalled ok but a few of them give this error,

ERROR: PleskUtilException

sappmng: utility /bin/rpm failed (result=1): file /usr/local/psa/var/cgitory/Coppermine-1.3.3-27 is not owned by any package sappmng: Cannot get package name for Coppermine-1.3.3-27

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.cSiteAppManager.php:165
    cSiteAppManager->_callSAppMng(string 'test-package-removable', array, string '', array)
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.cSiteAppManager.php:173
    cSiteAppManager->_callSAppMng1(string 'test-package-removable', array)
    2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.cSiteAppManager.php:366
    cSiteAppManager->sappmng_test_package_removable(string 'Coppermine-1.3.3-27')
    3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:413
    SiteAppPackageManager->uninstallSiteAppPackageRemove(object of type SiteAppPackage)
    4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:430
    SiteAppPackageManager->uninstallSiteAppPackage(object of type SiteAppPackage)
    5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.ServerSiteAppPackagesList.php:33
    ServerSiteAppPackagesList->uninstall(array)
    6: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/site_app_pkgs.php:66

4. mc5000

mc5000 Guest

same prob here

Hi,

I've got the same problem:

sappmng: utility /bin/rpm failed (result=1): file /usr/local/psa/var/cgitory/phpBB-2.0.8a-1 is not owned by any package sappmng: Cannot get package name for phpBB-2.0.8a-1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.cSiteAppManager.php:168 cSiteAppManager::_callSAppMng()
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.cSiteAppManager.php:333 SiteAppPackageManager->_callSAppMng(string "remove-package", array)
    2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:396 SiteAppPackageManager->sappmng_remove_package(string "phpBB-2.0.8a-1")
    3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:412 SiteAppPackageManager->uninstallSiteAppPackageRemove(object of type SiteAppPackage)
    4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.ServerSiteAppPackagesList.php:32 SiteAppPackageManager->uninstallSiteAppPackage(object of type SiteAppPackage)
    5: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/site_app_pkgs.php:63 ServerSiteAppPackagesList->uninstall(array)

I don't use php 5, but I have my own php 4.4.2 compiled.
    System: psa 7.5.4-suse9.1.build75050824.12

What means: "is not owned by any package" ?
    EDIT1: okay, it is an error from rpm informs me, that the specific file does not belong to a package in the rpm database. How can I remove the file and the db-entry in the app-vault?

ideas or suggestions? can I remove the packs by alternative actions?
    thx to everybody!

5. goyoq

goyoq Guest

Same problem here...

Any help appreciated! :)