• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Application Vault packages

• Thread starter lommedalskongen
  • Start date
L

lommedalskongen

Hi, we are using plesk for webhosting, and we are focusing on Joomla for our customers. now we have som many customers, and getting even more, so we need to automate our joomla installations. what is better than using the application vault... but I have tried to modify the Mambo package and implement Joomla, but I have not suceeded yet.. Anyone who know of, or have a package for the application vault of joomla 1.0.8??.. or the absolute latest version??... I have not yet found any..

Originally posted by lommedalskongen
Hi, we are using plesk for webhosting, and we are focusing on Joomla for our customers. now we have som many customers, and getting even more, so we need to automate our joomla installations. what is better than using the application vault... but I have tried to modify the Mambo package and implement Joomla, but I have not suceeded yet.. Anyone who know of, or have a package for the application vault of joomla 1.0.8??.. or the absolute latest version??... I have not yet found any..

When it comes to joomla, expect one update every month at least.

ART: you need to have good nerves for this.

Application Vault packages - upgrading

i would like to know who is the maintainer of the application vault

i yust installed a chat version 0.93

there is v 0.95 to be found on the internet
it seems that this chat is not evolving anymore

if this is the rigt place i will ask some more
for now ...

where can i find info on that matter?

haha, thanks man. Thats one of the rpms I've got really cleanly put together now, updates only take a minute or so on my end. Assuming they dont make any huge changes that is :p

Originally posted by atomicturtle
Actually you started it :p

Thanks for the credits, but you are doing the most work here :)

Keep it up!

Hi.

I was reading this thread and grabbed the file: Joomla-1.0.8-1.noarch.rpm

Using Plesk 7.5 Reloaded I tried to "Add New Application Package" and it came up with the error:

Sappmng: popen_exec: command failed code: 1 This is not an application package.

* Let me disclaim myself by saying that I've been using my virtual dedicated server for TWO days and I'm very green.

I've been using Mambo/Joomla on shared hosting servers for a couple of years, and I've done a couple of manual installs so far on my new server without issues (other than being a little confused about permissions).

Is there a better way (step-by-step) to install this package??? Should I be learning how to use installers like Yum?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Re: Application Vault packages - upgrading

Originally posted by gape
i would like to know who is the maintainer of the application vault

i yust installed a chat version 0.93

there is v 0.95 to be found on the internet
it seems that this chat is not evolving anymore

if this is the rigt place i will ask some more
for now ...

where can i find info on that matter?

so ... where can i find info about aplication wault, upgrading packages in it, adding packages that are not inside yet ???

tnx for answer

Ive got my hands full with the distros Im supporting now :p I dont think I'll be able to support anything other than the redhat-style OS's in the near future. Aside from SuSE, all the other distro's are completely foreign to the way I'm building, and packaging now, so in that regard SuSE is the only thing that has even a remote chance of being added. What we really need are some dedicated maintainers for the other platforms (freebsd, suse, ubuntu, osx, etc). If anyone is interested, shoot me an email or catch me on IM. App vault packages would be a good place to start on some cross-platform collaboration.

Im semi-sorta-kinda the Joomla package maintainer. Just not the one that sw-soft distributes.

Looks like you forgot an ; in line 45 of the configuration file.

$mosConfig_session_life_admin = '1800'

This shows an T_VARIABLE error.

An easy to use guide to installing Joomla/Mambo with Plesk??

Hi

I'm looking for a simple 123 type guide to installing Mambo or Joomla with my server being managed by Plesk?

What are RPM files and do I have to use them?

Can't I just upload the unzipped files from Joomla/Mambo using ftp and install directly using my browser, as I have until now.

Please excuse my obvious lack of knowledge in such matters, but I'm am very new to the Plesk system and any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ken
:)

Back