• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Application Vault use question

Kwasi

New Pleskian
I just got a server with vers 8.2

My old one still has 6.5.2 (yeah I know... ancient)

Question about Application Vault use.

On my old server I installed a product called WebCatalog from www.SmithMicro.com
All went well, and I've been using it for years.

To install the same product on my server with Plesk 8.2 do I:

login to my Plesk Control Panel.
go to Server Administration > Services > Application Vault
choose Install New Application
and then browse for the Site Application Filename ?
(in this case it would be webDNA450.exe on my computer.

Is this the correct procedure to do an install of my Webcatalog program?
(PS. it functions very similar to how coldfusion does with it's scripting language)

And if this is the correct way would I do the same kinda procedure for installing ImageMagick as well?

I've tried installing Webcatalog from my new server desktop (like I did on my old one) but the permissions get a little goofy. Install worked OK in vers 6.5.2 but that was before Application Vaults I think.

Thanks in advance...

After reading a little more about the Application Vault, i'm still a little confused.

Do apps like ImageMagick (fairly commonm) or Webcatalog (not so common) need to be created/packaged etc according to the specs I see within within the app-vault-guide.pdf file "before" doing an installation?

I am assuming any other way they will not install properly and be available to domains?

I didn't have to do anything like that in the old 6.5.2 days...

Hi, Kwasi.

Application vault was made for easy managing/distribution web applications written on php e.t.c

As i know mentioned applications are not web applications and they should not be installed through application ault in Plesk.

Back