• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Application Vaults x allow / forbidden

G

globodata

I don´t how how exactly works allowing application vaults.

It was logical to be something to be allowed to costumers that you want to, but what I could see is that you can only allow to everybody or to nobody.

There´s a column where you can change between 'free application' or 'the costummer has to buy' . However I couldn´t figure out how to manage it due to allow to a specific domain.

I thought that if I change this to 'the costummer has to buy', the Administrator would be able to install to a domain, but even the administrator can´t do it.

The solution is allow to everybody, intll the application and then, forbidden to everybody again. It sounds stupid as in this interval, some costumer can see the application enabled and just install it.

Is this that stupid or it´s me that don´t know how to use it ?

Regards

I´ve foun in the forum a parcial solutions. It doesn´t allow to set the application per domain, but per client. It´s not the best , but anyway, is something :

You can set all applications to Commercial (at Server->Application Vault). After that it's possible to choose the available apps for each client (Application Pool).

If anyone knows how to set per domain, I´like to know.

Rgeards

I've also referenced this problem in thread 22867 .

In order to satisfy my clients, I've removed the Application Vault Icon completely, by commenting out the line in the template file. When a reseller contacts me to request to add an application to a domain, I enabled it for a time, and disable it again afterwards.

It's manual, it's tedious, but it's better than letting every swinging richard install applications to their site, especially if the reseller plans on charging an additional amount for those apps.

You´re right SBCTEC. It´s why I´m going to do.

However, I´d like to know how do you completely the application vault icon because I´d like to do same and to other icons to.

I supposed you have downloaded the skin file and there you removed some lines. Whee is supposed to be this lines ? In what file ?

Is it possible to just remove the icon from the domain administrator and client or when you remove it, even the administrator loose it ?

Regards

The file you need to modify to remove the Application Vault icon from the client and domain panels is listed below:

/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/templates/dom_ctrl.tpl

The value to comment out is {SITE_APPS_BUTTON}

I highly recommend making a copy of the file before any changes. I also recommend an HTML comment instead of removing lines.

I'm still not sure if upgrades to the plesk panel will overwrite these changes or not, so keep good documentation on changes that are made.

The admin user still has access to the Application Vault after this change is made.

Also, this was the method I had used to remove the Register and Extras button.

Great ! I´ll try this...

I´m newbie in SSH... how do I download the file to be changed and then, how do I upload it again ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards

TO SBCTEC :

I´ve just realizedthat you are using Fedora.. do you think I´d have any problems as I use RHE 3 ?

Regards

You should have you problem with RHE3, and the file should be the same, it's not something that's OS specific.

If you use an application like PuTTy, you can bring up an SSH terminal, and use something like vi to edit the file.

Back