• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP Cache Flush - help!!

E

emsol

we have been having some issues with domains using includes and its had me baffled.

Until I got this email from a customer recently....

One of the problems is that when I edit include files, the asp engine does not pick this up as the asp document using the include file changing. To ensure that the server cache is flushed, I also need to make a spurious edit in the asp page that is using the include file. This then causes the server to flush the cache.

I have developed on other servers before, but have never had to do this to get my pages to update. Normally just editing the Include file was enough to trigger off a sever cache flush. If you can do anything about this I would be grateful as it would save me a considerable amount of time and effort.

Can anyone help ? this is affecting several customers.

Do you use a NAS to store client's sites (Network Attached Storage) by any chance? ASP relies on NTFS features to detect changes, so you really want to keep sites on NTFS.

Standard configuration using NTFS and we have made no changes to the original plesk 7 IIS config.

We could investigate this together with MS next week. For the beginning, we need you to export the content of IIS registry settings - HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters. Please open a ticket with support (mention that I asked you to do it here) and attach these settings and the metabase.xml file so we can check that all settings are right.

Let me know the ticket number once you've done it. If you need help with providing these data, ask support for guidelines.

Back