• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP.Net configuration fails

C

Corneliu

Hi,
I have several domains hosted in a shared environment and the ones using .Net 3.5 stopped working.
When I connect to Plesk and I click on the ASP.Net icon for ANY of the domains I get this error:

ASPdotNet() constructor failed: Unable to getDomainConfiguration: aspnetcfg failed: Generic failure
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: plib\common_func.php3:181
psaerror(string 'ASPdotNet() constructor failed: Unable to getDomainConfiguration: aspnetcfg failed: Generic failure ')
1: htdocs\domains\aspdotnet.php:77

Any idea what broke it or how to fix it? I get this even for a clean domain I've just created for a test.
Regards,
Corneliu.

This is exactly what we did, only we had to work back from ASP 2.0 and load every single version manually again.

Caused a great deal of pain to our technicians, ripping out version by version, and being on a 64bit OS didn't help either, but after hours and hours of labour, we finally got it working again.

Cheers.

Back