1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

ASP.Net configuration fails

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Corneliu, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Corneliu

Corneliu Guest

Hi,
    I have several domains hosted in a shared environment and the ones using .Net 3.5 stopped working.
    When I connect to Plesk and I click on the ASP.Net icon for ANY of the domains I get this error:

ASPdotNet() constructor failed: Unable to getDomainConfiguration: aspnetcfg failed: Generic failure
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: plib\common_func.php3:181
    psaerror(string 'ASPdotNet() constructor failed: Unable to getDomainConfiguration: aspnetcfg failed: Generic failure ')
    1: htdocs\domains\aspdotnet.php:77

Any idea what broke it or how to fix it? I get this even for a clean domain I've just created for a test.
    Regards,
    Corneliu.

2. prince

prince Regular Pleskian

53%
  3. hightekhosting

hightekhosting Guest

This is exactly what we did, only we had to work back from ASP 2.0 and load every single version manually again.

Caused a great deal of pain to our technicians, ripping out version by version, and being on a 64bit OS didn't help either, but after hours and hours of labour, we finally got it working again.

Cheers.

4. DmitryT

DmitryT Guest