• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP.NET Creaton Utilities

A

AdamF

Hey,

Does anyone know what the setting is for the creation utilities to enable ASP.NET?

AdamF

When using any of the creation utilities you can simply type the command at the dos prompt followed by a -h to find out.

-asp.net <true|false> ASP.NET support on domain (default:
false)

That is straight from the help from the command line.

Great Thanks ddreams. i was stupidly thinking there documentation on the site would be right.

Silly me. Thanks for your help.

AdamF

For the most part it is. They just left out a few minisquele items. :)

Yeah, I forgot to mention that one. We discovered it while building the ModernBill integration. If your building integration what are you building it for?

I'm curious.

Hi ddreams,

We have writtten our own billing system. We looked at modernbill but at the time it did not support UK VAT. I have heard that this has now been sorted.

I can understand building your own billing system. I didn't do it because it is just to time consuming. ModernBill does support VAT now. If you would like more info, let me know.

Otherwise, ask all the questions you want about the creation tools and I will help where I can. :)

Thanks for your help Larry. I have got the creation utils working like a deam now. All I have to do now is find the various bugs or problems with PLESK itself:)

AdamF

Can I ask you guys how you have managed to get the creation utils working? I am having big problems being able to use them.

With Plesk on Redhat, I have created a wrapper perl script which is inserted into the cgi-bin of the main psa directory /usr/local/psa/admin/cgi-bin. This script simply calls the CU command line interfaces. Works like a dream, however, I cannot for the life of me, get the Windows version to work.

Could you perhaps help out? How did you do it?

Thx in advance!

We used wshell.exec in an asp script but you need to be carefull abou permissions.

Originally posted by AdamF
We used wshell.exec in an asp script but you need to be carefull abou permissions.

Where is wshell.exec and how does it work? I am not an ASP programmer. More of a PHP and perl guy.

Well you could try using the command that execute external programs in php (can't remember the command off hand shell perhaps)

YOu have to execute them one way or another. The first method I read mentioned is for ASP Scripting, you could also use PHP or Perl .

Also, you will need to verify permissions depending on where you are executing from. If you are executing from a script located under IIS then IUSR would have to have read & executve permissions on the creation utilities.

Back