• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASPJpeg error? Permissions related!

T

todd1

I am using the ASPJpeg component on several of my sites. I upgradeded from 8.2 to 8.6. Then I noticed that the component was still running but not producing an image. So I ran the plesk reconfig. the permissions deal and did a repair. All to no avail... I then went to the c:/../aspjpeg.dll and found that there are two user accounts set with no permissions? psaadm & psacln when I set the permissions to read and read & execute then the component works fine. I recently ran a permissions repair and the permissions I set manually were removed so I had to give them permission again.

Is anyone else having this problem or can someone please bring this to the attention or the devlopers I have read similar permission problems with psaadm & psacln windows user accounts? This is unacceptable.

plesk reconfigurator resets the default permissions at the time of installation; even the custom permissions u assign to a site are changed. So it's better not to run it.

So if I have automatic updates set to install automatically will my permissions I set to a file in my programs folder be reset during an upgrade. This will break my sites. Why would 8.6 add these no full control permissions to a component .dll out side of a site. I will have to look into another control panel if this is the case. This also effects ASPUpload... Very frustrating.

during a control panel upgrade all the directory structure is checked for permissions and gets reset to the default. So don't go for auto upgrade or for permission check using reconfigurator, if you need custom permissions to work.

You could always put it outside of the psa directories, just use the regsrv32 to register it where ever and then set the permissions manually.

You could always put it outside of the psa directories, just use the regsrv32 to register it where ever and then set the permissions manually.

This is what I am currently doing. I dont understand why i have to manually set permissions to a program located in the programs folder??? This I am guessing is somthing new in 8.6 was using 8.2 everything worked fine. Now I have set permissions to make a registered/installed component work. wtf

its a good thing, it means there is actually some security now. Give permissions to the grops instead of users and it will make your life easier.

Back