1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Assign multiple clients to a client template

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.2 New Feature Requests' started by eugenevdm, Sep 28, 2007.

1. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    First I would like to congratulate you on version 2.2.1 of Expand. The product is becoming the essential tool kit for a larger distributed hosting provider to maintain a healthy system.

I would like this feature request to enhance the amazing client template feature in Expand:

Assign multiple clients to a client template. This feature is much similar to that offered by Plesk, i.e. Group Operations.

Thus facility is required for Expand clients specifically. We would also love the ability to see which Expand clients are assigned to a template.

thank you!

2. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    So do you like our new templates that we introduced to Expand 2.2? That is how it is decribed in what's new:

Is the feature good and usefull? We'd like to get a response on that. I am not sure how it works in real business but we (developers) really like it.

3. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    If you run more than one server you absolutely need the ability to manage all your hosting plans centrally. When you first set up client you may for example think 50 GB for a Gold package is good but once you change your mind, or even worse your competitor changes your mind, you have a problem. Sure you can do mass-update / or group operations in all the individual Plesk servers, but having them bound to a central template just make so much more sense and is much more failsafe. I'm talking two advantages here: (1) Being able to mass-update and set limits on clients (2) Being able to mass-update and modify limits, according to your plans, for all your different domain plans.

Yes ABSOLUTELY! I employed someone just to do domain upgrades and downgrades. In the past it was a mess but now there aren't any discrepencies any more.

Yes another great feature and a real time saver. I can teach my staff the plan name, e.g. Bronze, Silver, and they don't have to know the intricacies such as how much disk space, IIS pool, etc.

Saves you time and make mistakes easy to fix.

[/QUOTE]create new hosting plans by copying settings of existing plans[/QUOTE]

Nice when you're setting up.

Very useful, especially if you have lots of different client types and you want to make sure they are consistent.

In a nutshell templates saves you tons of work, gives you a great consistent way to manage all your clients and plans, and will reduce your workload. Also it will give you the competitive edge because you can later just change the plan when you need to and these changes will replicate.

But please note:

The functionality that I'm after is 'Expand Clients / Clients Templates Binding'. This currently exists for 'Plesk Clients / Clients Templates Binding'.

We only use Expand clients :)

We have already saved about 4 hours of work and we only started using templates yesterday (client templates, can't use Expand Client yet).

kind regards,

4. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    That is missing functionality. Thanks that reported it to us. Actually template operations with a single Expand Client are available (on an Expand Client page), but mass operation screen is lost.

We will add this screen in the nearest patch.