• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

auth.php3 is part of Plesk distribution...

shall

Regular Pleskian
Hello all,

I just upgraded from 8.2 -> 8.3. It wasn't flawless, obviously.

While everything else seems to be functioning (all the sites, email, databases, asp, .net, php and so forth), the actual Plesk web administration page is broken.

It initially was prompting for a username & password (basic auth challenge), so I manually reset the password for the "psaadm" account and then changed it in IIS on the PleskControlPanel site directory security tab for anon access and on the PleskControlPanel app pool Identity tab. While this removed the basic auth prompt, it has not eliminated the problem.

Now I'm getting the following error:
The file auth.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

I've searched the forums and KB to no avail. Switching to apache didn't fix it (so I switched back). The psaadm user has the correct perms to the 'PSA Key' registry branch. The cmd.exe file has appropriate permissions.

The event log is reporting the following error:
php[4616], PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\modules\eaccelerator.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0.
This looks strongly suspicious to me, since I don't think anything but Plesk actually uses this file. I've reloaded that page several times, but the log messages don't appear to coincide with attempts to load the Plesk web admin page.

Then, I decompressed the file from the plesk831.cab and a very similar log entry appears:
php[5788], PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\modules\eaccelerator.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found. in Unknown on line 0.
So I've made it all the way from "module" to "procedure". Sigh.

The IIS log file for the site is reporting a "200 OK" status, so the page is loading and returning "ok", it just doesn't work. :-/

Any thoughts, ideas? Please help me fix this. Thank you in advance.

I managed to find a different plesk831.cab file (who would have guessed there would be two?) which had an eaccelerator.dll file dated 2007/12/25 (as opposed to the other file dated 2007/07/05). I copied this into the "modules" folder, restarted plesk and it's WORKING again! Yay!

Thanks, Dmitry, but if you read my message, I said that I had already tried both of those and it DID NOT fix it.

The fix was to reinstall the eaccelerator.dll file from the current distribution.

My suggestion is to create support ticket:
Meanwhile check following:
1. in cmd run set
check is there any php related entries.

2. what is auth.php3 size
17,825 bytes and dated 12/25/2007

John S.G.

Back