1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

auth.php3 is part of Plesk distribution...

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by shall, Mar 24, 2008.

  1. shall

    shall Regular Pleskian

    26
    57%
    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2007
    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello all,

    I just upgraded from 8.2 -> 8.3. It wasn't flawless, obviously.

    While everything else seems to be functioning (all the sites, email, databases, asp, .net, php and so forth), the actual Plesk web administration page is broken.

    It initially was prompting for a username & password (basic auth challenge), so I manually reset the password for the "psaadm" account and then changed it in IIS on the PleskControlPanel site directory security tab for anon access and on the PleskControlPanel app pool Identity tab. While this removed the basic auth prompt, it has not eliminated the problem.

    Now I'm getting the following error:
    I've searched the forums and KB to no avail. Switching to apache didn't fix it (so I switched back). The psaadm user has the correct perms to the 'PSA Key' registry branch. The cmd.exe file has appropriate permissions.

    The event log is reporting the following error:
    This looks strongly suspicious to me, since I don't think anything but Plesk actually uses this file. I've reloaded that page several times, but the log messages don't appear to coincide with attempts to load the Plesk web admin page.

    Then, I decompressed the file from the plesk831.cab and a very similar log entry appears:
    So I've made it all the way from "module" to "procedure". Sigh.

    The IIS log file for the site is reporting a "200 OK" status, so the page is loading and returning "ok", it just doesn't work. :-/

    Any thoughts, ideas? Please help me fix this. Thank you in advance.
     
  2. shall

    shall Regular Pleskian

    26
    57%
    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2007
    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    0
    I managed to find a different plesk831.cab file (who would have guessed there would be two?) which had an eaccelerator.dll file dated 2007/12/25 (as opposed to the other file dated 2007/07/05). I copied this into the "modules" folder, restarted plesk and it's WORKING again! Yay!
     
  3. DmitryT

    DmitryT Guest

    0
     
  4. shall

    shall Regular Pleskian

    26
    57%
    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2007
    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks, Dmitry, but if you read my message, I said that I had already tried both of those and it DID NOT fix it.

    The fix was to reinstall the eaccelerator.dll file from the current distribution.
     
  5. JackL

    JackL Guest

    0
     
    My suggestion is to create support ticket:
    Meanwhile check following:
    1. in cmd run set
    check is there any php related entries.

    2. what is auth.php3 size
    17,825 bytes and dated 12/25/2007

    John S.G.
     
  6. shall

    shall Regular Pleskian

    26
    57%
    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2007
    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    0
    It's already fixed folks, I posted how in the second message.
     
Loading...