1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Auto Update failure for 7.5.4

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ebinc, Nov 21, 2005.

1. ebinc

ebinc Guest

Hi
    Just updated 7.5.2 to 7.5.3
    everything worked fine

but when I try to update 7.5.3 to 7.5.4
    I get this update failure email
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    file /usr/bin/deliverquota from install of courier-imap-3.0.8-rh9.build75050824.12 conflicts with file from package maildrop-1.6.0-1.9.rh90.art

file /usr/bin/maildirmake from install of courier-imap-3.0.8-rh9.build75050824.12 conflicts with file from package maildrop-1.6.0-1.9.rh90.art
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    anybody know how to get this to update?

Thanks
    Ed

2. poke

poke Guest

uninstall maildrop, install update, the reinstall maildrop

3. ebinc

ebinc Guest

what is maildrop for? doesn't maildrop come with a plesk install , I don't think I ever installed that could that be part of 4psa spam gaurdian or clean server? I use that

Thanks for helping
    ED

4. poke

poke Guest

look at the .art extension on the end of maildrop.. That's not plesk base...
    rpm -e maildrop to uninstall or yum remove maildrop

5. poke

poke Guest

oh sorry, should not be a part of the 4PSA apps also

6. poke

poke Guest

maildrop:
    maildrop is a replacement for your local mail delivery agent. maildrop reads a mail message from standard input, then delivers the message to your mailbox. maildrop knows how to deliver mail to mbox-style mailboxes, and maildirs. "maildir" is a mailbox format used by Courier and Qmail.

maildrop optionally reads instructions from a file, which describe how to filter incoming mail. These instructions can direct maildrop to deliver the message to an alternate mailbox, or forward it somewhere else. Unlike procmail, maildrop uses a structured filtering language.

maildrop is written in C++, and is significantly larger than procmail. However, it uses resources much more efficiently. Unlike procmail, maildrop will not read a 10 megabyte mail message into memory. Large messages are saved in a temporary file, and are filtered from the temporary file. If the standard input to maildrop is a file, and not a pipe, a temporary file will not be necessary.

maildrop checks the mail delivery instruction syntax from the filter file, before attempting to deliver a message. Unlike procmail, if the filter file contains syntax errors, maildrop terminates without delivering the message. The user can fix the typo without causing any mail to be lost.