• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWStats... Does it work with Plesk or not?

KimHuff

New Pleskian
My server is hosted by Hostway/Net Nation. (Not sure what the difference is between the two). Anyway, I am using Plesk 8.1 and it doesnt seem to work with my server. I was promised when I signed up that I would have Urchin for my stats. After getting half of my sites moved over, I found out that Urchin doesnt work with Plesk and that I had to use AWStats. I tried to get it to work and I still don't have stats. I was finally told that AWStats doesnt work with Plesk. THEN I was told that it does but I would have to pay $150 to have them install it.

What I want to know is .. 1. Does AWStats work wiht Plesk 8.1? If so, why does it list it in the drop down as an available stat and not work? Are there any directions on how to install the most recent AWStats on Plesk 8.1?

Personally, I feel I shouldnt have to pay to have this installed because the company promised me something other than Webalizer and I cant even get that to work. Granted, that is an issue for Hostway, but I am getting nowhere with that.

Thank you in advance,

both awstats and webalizer come with plesk and if you have plesk installed then you should be able to use either. They are selectable per domain.awstats for one domain and webalizer for the other. Whatever you want.

DCoats,

Thank you for your reply. I do have an option on each domain for AWStats and Webalizer, but neither of them will work. Hostway says that AWStats doesnt work with Plesk or actually, it works but you have to do something special on the command line to get it to work. What I am looking for are the exact steps needed to make these statistics work.

Obviously, AWStats must be installed because it is listed as an option along with Webalizer.

When I go to http://www.yourdomain.com/plesk-stat/ I get the following info.

This is the placeholder for Web statistics. If you see this page, that means that statistics for your server was not gathered yet, or bandwidth was not used. Statistics is typically set to run once every 24 hours. If you do not see a change to this page in the next 24 hours contact your server administrator for assistance.

This page has been automatically generated by Plesk.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

are the logs being created?
/home/httpd/vhosts/DOMAINNAME.com/statistics/logs/

do you have the stats cron job running?
7 4 * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics >/dev/null 2>&1

have you run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics manually to check for any errors?

If it's a debian system you might want to search the forums for debian plesk and cron because the daily and monthly cron jobs are not run there (because of a dot in the scriptfiles...)

Balu

Back