• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Bug

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
I have just noticed on my FTP backup that many of the backup files are tiny (47k etc). If I backup the same domains to the internal backup repository they are huge file (500MB etc).

I think there is a bug in the FTP backup software in that if you have 5 domains all set to backup at 0430 they clash when transferring to the FTP server and some domains do not transfer correctly.

If this is the case, the problem is it is impossible to know what time all the backups are scheduled for. Again, if this is the case the software shouldn't allow multiple backups at the same time.

A second bug is when the backup emails get sent. The backup completed email gets sent before the backup started email!

You should forward these bugs to SWsoft support. so they can fix them in some next version.

I also found a bug in the creation of Buttons
and they did passed that in they development team (at least thats what they said...)

I have noticed this bug is not just relating to FTP backups.

I changed the several domains to backup to the internal repository daily instead of the external FTP server.

They were set to backup at 0500 or 0530.

All backups occurred at 0530.

The backup file size for 1 domain is 33K when the actual domain size is 219MB!!

It would appear that one backup clashes with another.

I found out the hard way recently when I needed to restore a backup. The actual backup file was just 47KB :(

Yet another example of why I chose to buy the 4PSA TotalBackup and Client Backup programs.... have saved my butt on several occasions, well worth the money!

Hi jamesyeeoc, I would be very interested in hearing some of the stories about how totalbackup saved your butt. I just heard a bad story that totalbackup didn't save the day with one user's issue (maybe they didn't know what they were doing when they configured it).

Any storyies of total restores would be particularly interesting.

We are looking at purchasing this software.

Justin

Total backup save my butt to when the PSA backup for a single domain failed we just restored a single domain via Total Backup.

We use 3 of 4PSA's apps and they all work brilliantly.

Back