• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Fails in SB

P

pfellner

I just tried backing up (SiteBuilder>Server>Backup) and got this error:
Task '/usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/sbbackup all --recursive --output=/usr/local/sitebuilder/backups/backup_all_20080910_1138.xml' failed with code '255'. Output: )

Most probably this is memory lack issue. Try to run backup directly on the server:

# /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/sbbackup all --recursive --output=/usr/local/sitebuilder/backups/backup_all_20080910_1138.xml

You should get some more detailed message. There were some issues with backup/restore utilities in Sitebuilder 4.2.x versions. A series of issues with the backup/restore utility were resolved in new released 4.5 version. So, upgrade could be helpful in this case. For more information, refer to this article http://kb.odin.com/en/5591

Hello Dmitry,

Do you know if this error is related to the 4.2 version either?

[root@rhel5 sitebuilder]# ./utils/sbbackup site --name=site.com.br --with-site-content > site.com.br.backup
Processing "site"...
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/Zend/Zend/Db/Profiler.php on line 216

I have set the memory_limit value to 256M in the ./etc/php.ini file (insite SBROOT folder), but it didn't help.

Thank you.
Alexandre

It seems there is no enough memory for backup. It looks like site which is trying to be backed up occupies a lot of disk space. Try to increase memory_limit value up to 256 in /opt/php52/etc/php.ini file. Before that make sure that this file is the one which is used for Sitebuilder PHP configuration:

# sb_config --help|grep php
--phpcli_path PHP CLI executable [/opt/php52/bin/php5]
--phpcgi_path PHP CGI executable [/opt/php52/cgi-bin/php5]

# /opt/php52/bin/php5 -i|grep php.ini
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /opt/php52/etc/php.ini

Let me know if it helped or not.

I got pretty much the same error

Error
"Last login: Sun Sep 7 16:56:22 2008 from spyglass.dllstx2.theplanet.com
[root@jupiter ~]# /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/sbbackup all --recursive --output
=/usr/local/sitebuilder/backups/backup_all_20080912_1138.xml
Warning: Option 'recursive' is incompatible with 'all' command
Processing "user"...
...admin
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allo
cate 40 bytes) in /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/Zend/Zend/Db/Table/Row.php on l
ine 81

I get an error when I use this command:
[root@jupiter ~]# sb_config --help|grep php
-bash: sb_config: command not found

I remembered that I have to use the full path
/usr/local/bin/sb_config --help|grep php

Set the mem to 256, restarted httpd and we're good to go.

Could Plesk be failing (it fails too) for the same lack of memory?

Still not working

Hello,

For the command bellow, 256M wasn't enough, neither 384M. It have worked only with 512M:

./sbbackup site --name=domain.com.br --with-site-content --compress --log=backup.log > domain.com.br.compressed

I have changed this configuration in the "/opt/php52/etc/php.ini" file:
memory_limit = 512M

But I have checked the domain.com.br.compressed file, and it has only 74 bytes.

The backup.log file shows only this information:

Processing "site"...
Done

I have the same behavior with the following command, that attempt to backup a user with 98 sites:

./sbbackup user --name=@[email protected] --recursive --with-sites --with-site-content --compress --log=backup.log > login.compressed

The "login.compressed" file has only 74 bytes too, and the backup.log file shows the same information above.

What can be wrong?

Thank you.
Alexandre

compressed backup file size is 189MB, but disk space used for SB files is about 4Gb.What does sbbackup backups, only DB or all files (images.....)??? Have the feeling something is missing.

Command issued:

[root@sitebuilder backups]# /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/sbbackup all --with-sit
es --with-site-content --with-custom-settings --compress > /usr/local/sitebuild
er/backups/backup_all_20090222_1840.compressed

Regards,

Flupke

Hi, how many users and sites you have in your sitebuilder. I have 500 users license. Now I have used your command to backup but my compressed backup shows only 0 size? What could be issue in it? How can we verify it is working fine or we can restore from it?

Kashif...

Back