1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

backup from 7.5 to 8.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by placom, Oct 25, 2007.

1. placom

placom Guest

Hi, I have a server (windows 2003) with Plesk 8.1.

And I have a client with some domains in a server (windows too) with Plesk 7.5

And we want pass some sites from his 7.5 plesk server to my 8.1 plesk server.

I tried to make a backup from Plesk 7.5, but when I try restore it in Plesk 8.1 I can't. Plesk 8.1 tell me that the file is not a PSA valid. Why? Its not compatible versiones backup 7.5 and 8.1

How can I pass sites from 7.5 to 8.1 easily? they are diferent servers, it is not a migration.

thank you (and sorry for my english)

2. Brad Walker

Brad Walker Guest

I just had a similar problem, was unable to restore a backup made with Plesk 7.5. The Plesk backup-conversion program did the conversion with no problems. See this link for instructions: http://en.webk.net/plesk-8.2/17423.htm

The only change I had to make to the backup_convert command was to leave off the .py extension.

3. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
  4. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Could you please find error messages in backup log or windows event log and put it here?

5. placom

placom Guest

Yew I need conversion utility, from 7.5 plesk to 8.1 plesk, but for windows plesk version.

When i try to restore from 8.1 the 7.5 backup file this is the message error:

"Error: The file "name_file_backup" It is not a dump file valid PSA."

thanks

6. tiramisu

tiramisu Guest

7. JackL

JackL Guest

It looks that psa file is getting corrupted during transmission.
    Try to check it on the source host first, I mean open it with restore utility

John S.G.