• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup from 7.5 to 8.1

P

placom

Hi, I have a server (windows 2003) with Plesk 8.1.

And I have a client with some domains in a server (windows too) with Plesk 7.5

And we want pass some sites from his 7.5 plesk server to my 8.1 plesk server.

I tried to make a backup from Plesk 7.5, but when I try restore it in Plesk 8.1 I can't. Plesk 8.1 tell me that the file is not a PSA valid. Why? Its not compatible versiones backup 7.5 and 8.1

How can I pass sites from 7.5 to 8.1 easily? they are diferent servers, it is not a migration.

thank you (and sorry for my english)

I just had a similar problem, was unable to restore a backup made with Plesk 7.5. The Plesk backup-conversion program did the conversion with no problems. See this link for instructions: http://en.webk.net/plesk-8.2/17423.htm

The only change I had to make to the backup_convert command was to leave off the .py extension.

Originally posted by placom
Hi, I have a server (windows 2003) with Plesk 8.1.

And I have a client with some domains in a server (windows too) with Plesk 7.5

And we want pass some sites from his 7.5 plesk server to my 8.1 plesk server.

I tried to make a backup from Plesk 7.5, but when I try restore it in Plesk 8.1 I can't. Plesk 8.1 tell me that the file is not a PSA valid. Why? Its not compatible versiones backup 7.5 and 8.1

How can I pass sites from 7.5 to 8.1 easily? they are diferent servers, it is not a migration.

thank you (and sorry for my english)

Could you please find error messages in backup log or windows event log and put it here?

Yew I need conversion utility, from 7.5 plesk to 8.1 plesk, but for windows plesk version.

When i try to restore from 8.1 the 7.5 backup file this is the message error:

"Error: The file "name_file_backup" It is not a dump file valid PSA."

thanks

It looks that psa file is getting corrupted during transmission.
Try to check it on the source host first, I mean open it with restore utility

John S.G.

Back