1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup Manager: Failed to write test data

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by LARyan, Apr 23, 2007.

1. LARyan

LARyan Guest

I have been trying to configure Backup Manager for one of my domains. But I receive the following error message.

Error: Failed to write test data to the FTP account ftp://ftp.domain.com/: delete error: Unable to build data connection: Connection refused

I've tried with both the IP Address and Hostname. With both methods I receive the same error. But if I connect via SSH (as root) and use FTP, I can connect to FTP Account, create/delete directories and transfer files. What are the possible cause?

Lee

2. Pie'oh'pah

Pie'oh'pah Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hi,

are you by any chance behind a firewall with this ftp server?
    I had the same Problem weeks ago and had to allow the webserver communicate with the backup server, both hosted by 1&1.

Regards
    - Alex

3. kerpau

kerpau Guest

I just worked through this same error on a server. Stopping the firewall service allowed me to configure backups successfully and without receiving this error. After that, it was a matter of finding the erroneous firewall rule and deleting it. It's working fine now. Thanks Pie'oh'pah!

4. Pie'oh'pah

Pie'oh'pah Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hi,

glad I could help and your short success notice is appreciated :)

regards
    - Alex