• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Manager: Failed to write test data

L

LARyan

I have been trying to configure Backup Manager for one of my domains. But I receive the following error message.

Error: Failed to write test data to the FTP account ftp://ftp.domain.com/: delete error: Unable to build data connection: Connection refused

I've tried with both the IP Address and Hostname. With both methods I receive the same error. But if I connect via SSH (as root) and use FTP, I can connect to FTP Account, create/delete directories and transfer files. What are the possible cause?

Lee

Hi,

are you by any chance behind a firewall with this ftp server?
I had the same Problem weeks ago and had to allow the webserver communicate with the backup server, both hosted by 1&1.

Regards
- Alex

I just worked through this same error on a server. Stopping the firewall service allowed me to configure backups successfully and without receiving this error. After that, it was a matter of finding the erroneous firewall rule and deleting it. It's working fine now. Thanks Pie'oh'pah!

Back