• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup of Vital Plesk settings fails / sshost.exe

J

John Leenders

I've been searching for a solution (or cause) for the following problem:

Cannot open backup device 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL\Backup\psa-20090929.dump'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
at (VADOConnection::execute line 90)
at Unable to backup of vital Plesk settings(SettingsBackup::execute line 207)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\sshost.exe

any suggestions?

gr John Leenders

Again checked the article: cleaned the DeferredRemovalStorage.xml file problem still exists.

Hi John,

I am seeing this same error on 9.0.1. Have you figured out a solution to this issue?

Thanks,

Matt

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Hi Mattl, No despite the help tip I got from Andrey I haven't been able to resolve the problem: it still exits.
Furthermore : it is strange that Plesk is using the MSSQL database and trying to backup vital data from MySQL?

gr Jl

I have same problem

Hello, I have same problem. My "c:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\etc\DeferredRemovalStorage.xml" is empty.
Any suggestions?

Did anybody tried to fill this file with content described by akox in the mentioned thread?

The content is filled, but it does not help.

Dear sir (madam),
The content of my file "c:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\etc\DeferredRemovalStorage.xml" is filled by
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<Entries />

but it does not help, I receive an error at the same time at 11.50 on my server

Cannot open backup device 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL\Backup\psa-20091206.dump'. Operating system error 5(). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
at Unable to backup of vital Plesk settings(SettingsBackup::execute line 207)

Please help me since my server sometimes stops also to me it is necessary to understand the reason.

I have tried to find similar problem and solution in our internal resources but found only one mention. Seems it was related to incorrect IP routing mapping, but I'm not sure.
So, I think that it is complex problem and it can be investigated and fixed only with direct access to Plesk server. Therefore contact to Parallels Support Team would be better solution in this case.

error persists

I even moved to a new system (clean install windows 2k3 R2 /plesk 9.2.3) reinstall of keys/website and the problem still exists!

Any help appreciated.

same error here !

Hello

from 2 days we have same problem

--
Event Type: Error
Event Source: sshost.exe
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 22/06/2010
Time: 9.36.32
User: N/A
Computer: WS20
Description:
Cannot open backup device 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL\Backup\psa-20100622.dump'. Operating system error 5(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 1815). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
at Unable to backup of vital Plesk settings(SettingsBackup::execute line 198)
--

Any suggest ??

thanks

This is a permissions issue that seems to occur when Plesk is using MS SQL (at least did so for me). If you are not using MSSQL, then replace "NETWORK SERVICE" with which ever user Plesk's MySQL service runs as.

Make sure that every folder from the root drive to the Backup folder has at least READ permissions for NETWORK SERVICE. Check this with the Effective Permissions tool in advanced security settings, unclear group membership will get you. On my server, NETWORK SERVICE had a full-control deny set on the Plesk/MySQL/Backup folder (all 3). I changed the permissions for Plesk and MySQL to read, and in backup to Full Control. The the psaserv group also had explicit deny set, and NETWORK SERVICE is part of the group. I just removed that deny entry, and it worked like magic.

To test, the backup task is in Scheduled Tasks from where you ought to be able to run it on demand.

Hope this helped.

Back