1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

backup problem - ftp to remote ftp server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by MrBoneDaddy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. MrBoneDaddy

MrBoneDaddy Guest

I am Getting this error when I try to backup my server on my ftp that is running Serv-u ftp off site I can connect to it just fine with anything else with the user name and password in plesk I am getting this error. Can anyone tell me what this means? any help This is the error http://www.betaplaces.com/images/error.bmp

Ok I have watched the screen and see it connect then it just set there idel and does nothing then disconnect and I get this error. Let me know if you need more information. I am going out of town but can check some of it remotely

2. MrBoneDaddy

MrBoneDaddy Guest

LOL I am taken that not anyone has seen this error. LOL This is the only place I know that I might come for help..... So Please let me kow anything... I even watched the flash movie thanking I was doing somthing wrong. LOL and I am not.

3. Limedrink

Limedrink Guest

Are you using Internet Explorer?

If not, it would be worth a try. I have seen errors like these when users are using Firefox.

Limedrink.

4. MrBoneDaddy

MrBoneDaddy Guest

You know speacking of that I am useing Firefox at home. When I get home on sunday I will use IE for it and see if i get the same error and keep you posted. Since i am out of town till sunday night..

5. JLChafardet

JLChafardet Regular Pleskian

57%
    I receive the same error when trying to FTP a backup from the control panel to a space i have to do backups (duhh lol), the problem seems to be that the host where i want to put the files only works with passive off, and the curl may be emulating passive mode, no idea. the thing is that i have no way to perform this task from the cp, so i have to do it from the shell writing some kind of .sh script (which i havent done yet).

let me know if it as something to be with this same error, that may lead us at least in some direction.

regards,

6. MrBoneDaddy

MrBoneDaddy Guest

Ok my host is running Serv-u My bakup place on windows. So does anyone know if you can set this up to do passive on the same IP as the main IP. I am goign to try it becuse I see somthing in the log that said Passv and that all

7. MrBoneDaddy

MrBoneDaddy Guest

ok I have done some playing That is behind a firewall with Serv-u and passv. I am working on getting it to work. When I find out I will post it here. Also if anyone has use Serv-u as the backup server and got this to work let me know...

8. JLChafardet

57%
  9. MrBoneDaddy

MrBoneDaddy Guest

YEs thats the same error. What FTP server are you running on the server your going to use for your backup? I am running serv-U and well I am having nothing but problems... I wish someone who has gotten this to work to please let us know how... I have a linux box funning vsftpd I am going to see if I can get it to back stuff up to. I will post back with a update

10. MrBoneDaddy

MrBoneDaddy Guest

I tired with vsftpd on my linux box and the backup worked I am wantting to use serv-u. I need to learn to get passv working on serv-u then I am sure it will work

11. JLChafardet

57%
    I have a Backup storage space from my provider, and it is linux based, no idea which ftpd is running.

It cant be used in passive mode, i think that may be the problem i am getting

12. MrBoneDaddy

MrBoneDaddy Guest

ok So your telling me that Plesk won't use Passv mode or need passv mode?

13. JLChafardet

57%
    i need to "not use" passive mode. it seems that the plesk bu interface uses passive mode....

14. MrBoneDaddy

MrBoneDaddy Guest