1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup restoartion from being hacked

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by rafcarter, Nov 18, 2005.

1. rafcarter

rafcarter Guest

My website was hacked today and soemone wiped out my postnuke stories, gallery pictures, everything. I tried to do a psa restore but it did not bring back the database info and pictures that I had in albums folder under httpdocs. Is this normal ?

Any ways I can secure my server from this happening again ?

2. rafcarter

rafcarter Guest

Also when i read the restore progress it says

Database XXXX restoration skipped ?

Why does it not restore previous database ?

3. Cranky

Cranky Guest

It sounds like the a database with the same name existed on the server prior to you restoring it. Delete the domain on the server again, ensure the database does not exist, then restore again.

4. rafcarter

rafcarter Guest

Do I delete the domain from under vhosts directory ?

That will remove databse also ?

5. Cranky

Cranky Guest

If you have a psadump stored safely you can delete via Plesk which should remove the vhost directory for the domain. You'll then need to drop the database via MySQL.