• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Restore

D

dsojo

Hi there

I have a big trouble the current hardware on my plesk server is failing i don't know what it is so i decide it to buy a new cpu.
But can u tell me how i can move all the domains already installed on the server to the new one?
How can i backup all the hmls, mails accounts without loosing them?

Whichs steps i must follow?

The new server will contain the same ip address as the old..Any ideaaa??

Thanks

Diego

version

I'm running windows 2000 with plesk 6.5.1
First i installed the original release with the fixes and then the 6.1.1 patch ...and then again plesk login an install the hot fixes for the raid issue.
My new server will not have raid.

Plesk 6.5 does not have backup facility at this moment. They are working on it.

The best thing to do is ghost your entire drive I guess.

When changing hardware like that a ghost will probably not function properly.

You can backup the \plesk\mysql\data directory, the \plesk\mailenable\ dir for mail, the \vhosts\ dir and the NT User Security database.

Once you restore these after installing Plesk you can then run command line utilities to recreate all sites, web and ftp, in Plesk.

How do i backup the NT security database and what are the command line utilities i have to run to recreate the site, etc.

Originally posted by ddreams
and the NT User Security database.

Once you restore these after installing Plesk you can then run command line utilities to recreate all sites, web and ftp, in Plesk.

can you please give more detail on how to backup the NT user security database on windows 2003 and also can you please give the specific command line utilities to recreate all sites, web and ftp, in Plesk

thanks!

we are dying to know... how do we backup the NT user security database and...

what command line utilities do we run to recreate all sites, web and ftp, in Plesk?

i have nto seen this anywhere in the documentation or anything so i would love to knwo how to do it.

i can't clone my disk because i have a dedicated server and only access it remotely.

Is anybody have a clue about the release date of Backup Restore utulities for 6.5?

I could not understand why Sw-soft focusing tools as auto updater etc.. even Backup&Restore utulities still not released.

If someone know how can we Backup&Restore successfully Please share with us..

does anybody now know, how to backup the nt user security database????

or just make a backup without an image from the whole partition and restore it back to another plesk server??

You could also just email SW-Soft and ask for the beta backup utilities.

Ah i dind't know they have allready a beta version out there for the backup util.

does it work?

do you have it, and can you give it to me?

i have set up a test server with plesk on it and i also test the german language package for it. but it has still some mistakes in it.

best regards chris

Works great, but there are some known bugs. Couldn't state them off the top of my head because it is what Plesk is telling me, not what I"m seeing. I believe they were more client side then server side.

There is a post about them somewhere in these 6.5 forums about beta testing them and where to email.

Back